Honey on Tour (Could become pic Heavy...)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nsp

Jan 18, 2009
washington
yey! thanks bob feel free to use any of my pics to promote this amazing little gem of a stove, i always love using it and will keep the pics coming.
dave

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
One question; how fiddly are these? Is is possible to set them up wearing gloves? Mittens?

bashabuddy's already mentioned the ability to assemble the Honey Stove whilst wearing gloves - so I'll tell you that it can also be assembled whilst wearing mitts :D .

... Pic was taken after I was checking the stove out for the ability to assemble with limited sensation in my hands; cold water wasn't available so I wore thick mitts to try to simulate loss of feeling and dexterity.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
honeystove09.jpg

Not a great shot but this was taken on shap moors in about -8 I was made to put my hands in the river till they were blue and numb and then try to assemble the stove which i did no probs so not fiddle at all

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Back garden brew up 6/1/10 heavy snow fall night before approx 10 inches, set up honey under tree's in back garden and got a brew going whilst i cleared the front path

moresnow004.jpg

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
This was my honey stove in the local woods yesterday. It was a christmas present and this was the first time I'd used it in the snow with wood I picked up on a walk (rather than bits of dried firewood out of the woodpile). Only boiled some water for instant soup but I was well pleased :D

p1010909u.jpg

Then to round the day off nicely I saw two roe deer about 25m away.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
This is my latest trip out although ive changed it to black and white as my camera has developed a fault giving everything a greenish tinge.

beachatnite013.jpg

taken last night whilst out beach camping.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I'll second that. Outstanding service all round. A very pleasant lady even phoned me to make sure I was happy with their service.
The stove is fantastic, I use mine a lot when I want to avoid having a big clear up job but still fancy cooking on wood.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I have just bought a HS, I tested using a meths burner, then with wood.
I like it a lot, but after one use the top grill has warped. Is this normal?
Cool stove though. Will endevour to take pics next time.

PREPER........ :confused:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Yep they warp but can easily be staightened and it doesnt affect the function used mine loads(only ever burning wood) the base plate has warped but still works a treat.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Went for a climb down the cliff's and along some of the coast, set up the honey on a rock, using wood chips and a few small branches from when ive been splitting fire wood for fuel.
First pic looking out to sea,
petticoice010.jpg

same brew same rock just looking inland,

petticoice017.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE