Honey on Tour (Could become pic Heavy...)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
As there seems to be an ever growing number of Podcast Bob/Backpackinglight superb (My opinion) Honey Stoves I thought I'd start a thread for pics of the stove being used in the various places it goes to.

It doesn't matter whether you're Paddington Bear posting pics of the stove on a visit to Deepest Darkest Peru or trialing it in your back yard ... Stick 'em up :D .
Feel free to add a bit about where you were too the configuration you used, what the heat source was etc.

Odin Mine - Peak District.

Burner plate is used in the lowest slot in this pic - Pot is sitting on the top plate used in the mid slots. The position of the slot means that the trangia burner sits on the floor - which is why I've used the 'Ash Catcher' under the set-up.

HoneyatOdenmine.jpg

Ladybower Wood - Peak District.

Here the burner plate is in the mid slot. The Mug is sitting on two tent pegs - the benefit I find of using pegs is that the burner can be removed without disassembling the stove. Many years ago I began taking a spare burner with me so I didn't need to wait for the burner to cool before I could refill it.

Honeyatladybower.jpg

Owler Tor.

Same set-up as for the Ladybower pic.

HoneyonOwlerTor.jpg

Bimble in the snow - close to home.

Configuration is top and bottom plate in their respective slots. I used pow as the heat source. pow is bulky, smokey and hot ... but due to the cold temperature didn't last quite as long as the packaging claims.

honeystove13.jpg

Bimbling in the slush - close to home.

I find the trangia simmer ring fiddly when used with the Honey Stove - so I practice :D . In this pic all three plates are used. The green flame is caused by the copper simmer ring being purposely pushed partially off of the burner to allow a greater heat to bring the mug to a boil - it's then pushed back on to allow it to simmer.

honeystove18.jpg

R.C bimble - checking on the state of the Meet site.

Bottom and mid plates used in conjunction with tent pegs to support the Mug.

blurrybrewpic_a-1.jpg

As above ... This pic show the benefit of learning to guestimate how much fuel (in this case meths) it will take to do the job - the stove is still alight ... but only just!

honeystovebrew_a-1.jpg

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've just found another pic :rolleyes: .

Pic was taken after I was checking the stove out for the ability to assemble with limited sensation in my hands; cold water wasn't available so I wore thick mitts to try to simulate loss of feeling and dexterity.

It went together just fine :D .

Podcast Bob

What a great fun idea Decorum, 'Show Me Your Honey'! ;-))

Fascinated to see where and how people are using the stove, as they are currently being sent all over the world virtually on a daily basis. Australia, Africa, USA, Canada, mainland Europe, the list goes on.

Would anyone have any objection if I used some of the images on our website as an example of how customers use it?

The least I can do by return is perhaps donate a prize for the best image every couple of months, say a leather bushcraft bag?

I don't wish to hijack the thread, but this is great feedback and gives me ideas for any improvements for the future. If people object then no problem, I'll just sit back and watch ;-)

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Here's mine in use at Loch Ard....

24022009159.jpg

I've used a Woodland Edge firebox for a long time but the Honey is so much lighter and works great in any set-up I've tried. It's always in my pack now.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... 'Show Me Your Honey' ...

:lmao: That's pretty much what I checkened out of calling the thread :eek: .

... Would anyone have any objection if I used some of the images on our website as an example of how customers use it? ...

Feel free to use any pic I post of, or with, the Honey Stove in it.

... I don't wish to hijack the thread ...

The only thread I can remember that didn't deviate was one with ' ... - as off topic as you like' in the title :lmao: .

Podcast Bob

If you go out this bank holiday and play with the Honey Stove make sure you take your camera and get some photos of it in use, to post them here.

The best/most interesting/relaxing/bushcrafty/whatever photo which captures the mood of the moment, wins one of our leather bags for April.

Not an intense comp, just for fun and just if you feel like it. Just wanna see how people are using them to see if it gives me more ideas ideas for the future.

Enjoy the weekend folks ....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I took mine to Loch Lomond with the intention of getting some nice photos of it in action but I completely forgot to take any :slap:

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
honeylew.JPG

Picture taken (unfortunately with a phone) over the Easter holiday whilst out having a bimble along the River Lew near Hatherleigh, Devon. Stove performed superbly yet again! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE