Hi everybody

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Hi all

Just here to expand and share my "knowledge" of bushcraft and the outdoors, can't wait to start! :)
So if anyone wants advice on failing at the hand drill, I'm your man. Though it's not really something you can teach, you either have it or you don't! Lol

Cheers

Jimmy (Mat)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
welcome to BCUK, and if you need a mentor for failing at the hand drill im it.....;)

keep trying mate, it is hard but one day you will just get it...:)

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Welcome! Have you tried the method Mykel Hawke uses with a hand drill where he cuts a notch in the top and loops string over it and around his thumbs so he can exert downward pressure without his hands sliding down?

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Welcome! Have you tried the method Mykel Hawke uses with a hand drill where he cuts a notch in the top and loops string over it and around his thumbs so he can exert downward pressure without his hands sliding down?

I've not actually, just found an example on YouTube, definitely going to give that I try next time. Thanks for the tip. :)

Mat

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi matt welcome to the failure club and to bcuk come sit round the fire that someone else made regards dave:welcome1:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE