Hi from sunny Wales

• Thread starter Deleted member 56886
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 56886

Hi all I'm John from Carmarthen in SUNNY West Wales.
And yes that's right I said sunny! I'm as shocked as you are, it's bone dry and the sheep don't need me to keep them warm, really missing baaaaabra lately
I have been practising bushcraft and associated skills from about age 8, we just called it being a kid back then but always had an love for the outdoors.

I'm a swinger ( no not that type, the wife would not approve, she barely approves of this ) love my hammock camp, love to carve and make things from leather, the odd bit of blacksmithing, no pro but I can make most what I need cos I'm tight and don't like to buy stuff !
I really enjoy cooking outdoors, I ain't no Gordon Ramsey, but no one has died from my cooking yet, at least, as far as I'm aware of.
I dream of giving up modern life and living the rest of my days in Canada, Alaska, Sweden or anywhere else cold, snowy and remotely inhabitable.

Like to think of myself as a bit of a homesteader, I grow some things on my allotment, love to hunt and fish, although the latter is not a strong point, I think 4 fish in as many decades won't get me shortlisted for deadliest catch! Also dappled in preserving and brewing, have kept animals in the past, although now between kids and pets, I think that's another thing to put on the shelf for later. I'm quite a handy bloke with a plethora of skills, yes that's another way of saying I have had varied employment over the years, but you know, gotta try it all, only one life and all that jazz.

Anyways that's a bit about me, look forward to getting to know you and hopefully share in skills and learn, maybe impart some wisdom, but highly unlikely I could teach anything you lot don't already know.

Best wishes
Coedwigwr

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
Hi all I'm John from Carmarthen in SUNNY West Wales.
And yes that's right I said sunny! I'm as shocked as you are, it's bone dry and the sheep don't need me to keep them warm, really missing baaaaabra lately
I have been practising bushcraft and associated skills from about age 8, we just called it being a kid back then but always had an love for the outdoors.

I'm a swinger ( no not that type, the wife would not approve, she barely approves of this ) love my hammock camp, love to carve and make things from leather, the odd bit of blacksmithing, no pro but I can make most what I need cos I'm tight and don't like to buy stuff !
I really enjoy cooking outdoors, I ain't no Gordon Ramsey, but no one has died from my cooking yet, at least, as far as I'm aware of.
I dream of giving up modern life and living the rest of my days in Canada, Alaska, Sweden or anywhere else cold, snowy and remotely inhabitable.

Like to think of myself as a bit of a homesteader, I grow some things on my allotment, love to hunt and fish, although the latter is not a strong point, I think 4 fish in as many decades won't get me shortlisted for deadliest catch! Also dappled in preserving and brewing, have kept animals in the past, although now between kids and pets, I think that's another thing to put on the shelf for later. I'm quite a handy bloke with a plethora of skills, yes that's another way of saying I have had varied employment over the years, but you know, gotta try it all, only one life and all that jazz.

Anyways that's a bit about me, look forward to getting to know you and hopefully share in skills and learn, maybe impart some wisdom, but highly unlikely I could teach anything you lot don't already know.

Best wishes
Coedwigwr
welcome to the forum

@Broch and other welsh folk

at this rate we will need access to some land in sunny Wales

D

Deleted member 56886

welcome to the forum

@Broch and other welsh folk

at this rate we will need access to some land in sunny Wales
There's loads around that's untouched, unloved and un explored, I just use the stealthy leave no trace method. Land owners around these parts are pretty laid back, and most are OK with a bit of wild camping.

Reactions: Aneirin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE