Newbie bushcrafter from near Lancaster, Lancashire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elaine

Feb 14, 2024
Catterall, Lancashire
Hi all :mexwave:,

First post on here, I'm a latecomer to bushcraft and have only become interested in it within the last 12 months really. I've been hiking & wild camping for years and spend a lot of time in nature but never really had many skills, so I've decided to finally start to learn some.

I'm going to be half a century old in a couple of days (Gulp! I don't look a day older than 49 and 364 days, I know ;)). Anyway, I'm hoping that you guys can teach an old dog new tricks!

I nervously attended the Winter Moot last week and it was brilliant, learned so much and met some amazing people, I will definitely be buying my ticket for the Summer Moot this week.

The forum seems a real treasure trove of information & advice so I will get stuck in reading some of it.

My Instagram is elaine_hudson_outdoors (link below) if anyone on there wants to follow me, lots of photos of my outdoor adventures, mostly in our beautiful Lake District with my tiny Pomeranian, Simba, who comes everywhere with me. There are quite a few Winter Moot photos I've uploaded on there too :campfire:.

https://www.instagram.com/elaine_hudson_outdoors?igsh=ZjZrNml6ZXF2ODlm

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire

First post on here, I'm a latecomer to bushcraft and have only become interested in it within the last 12 months really. I've been hiking & wild camping for years and spend a lot of time in nature but never really had many skills, so I've decided to finally start to learn some.

I'm going to be half a century old in a couple of days (Gulp! I don't look a day older than 49 and 364 days, I know ;)). Anyway, I'm hoping that you guys can teach an old dog new tricks!

I nervously attended the Winter Moot last week and it was brilliant, learned so much and met some amazing people, I will definitely be buying my ticket for the Summer Moot this week.

The forum seems a real treasure trove of information & advice so I will get stuck in reading some of it.

My Instagram is elaine_hudson_outdoors (link below) if anyone on there wants to follow me, lots of photos of my outdoor adventures, mostly in our beautiful Lake District with my tiny Pomeranian, Simba, who comes everywhere with me. There are quite a few Winter Moot photos I've uploaded on there too :campfire:.

Hi Elaine. Nice meeting you at the Moot. Hope your dog was happy to see you on your return.

Reactions: Elaine

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell

Hello Elaine and welcome to the forum. Its great on here and you will feel at home in no time x

Elaine

Feb 14, 2024
Catterall, Lancashire
Hi Elaine. Nice meeting you at the Moot. Hope your dog was happy to see you on your return.
Ah and you too Wayne! It was an awesome few days. Doggo went crazy bless her, my son on the other hand wasn't bothered, even though it was him I rushed back early for lol.

Going to boil that mallet tomorrow and maybe try my squishy out of date rat pack, if I'm feeling particularly brave! So if I don't post on here again, you know what's happened.

Just waiting for work to approve my leave and will hopefully buy my ticket for Summer Moot tomorrow, hope to see you there.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Ah and you too Wayne! It was an awesome few days. Doggo went crazy bless her, my son on the other hand wasn't bothered, even though it was him I rushed back early for lol.

Going to boil that mallet tomorrow and maybe try my squishy out of date rat pack, if I'm feeling particularly brave! So if I don't post on here again, you know what's happened.

Just waiting for work to approve my leave and will hopefully buy my ticket for Summer Moot tomorrow, hope to see you there.

Oh yes, mustn’t forget to boil the mallet until it’s nice and tender.

Enjoy the rat pack curry! If you want the authentic experience, dig a hole in the garden and eat it in there whilst it rains.

See you at the Summer Moot.

Foogs

May 12, 2023
UK
Hey Elaine - Chris F from Woodlander here. Welcome!

It's a great forum. Hope you had fun at the Moot!

Elaine

Feb 14, 2024
Catterall, Lancashire
Hey Elaine - Chris F from Woodlander here. Welcome!

It's a great forum. Hope you had fun at the Moot!
Oh wow, hi there! You need a profile pic on here, a hard act to follow finding one as cool as your WhatsApp one though!

I'm going to the Bushmoot again in the summer, you & Jake should try & come, you'd love it. Hope you've been managing to get out and put all the woodlander skills to good use.

• Haha
Reactions: Foogs

Elaine

Feb 14, 2024
Catterall, Lancashire
Oh yes, mustn’t forget to boil the mallet until it’s nice and tender.

Enjoy the rat pack curry! If you want the authentic experience, dig a hole in the garden and eat it in there whilst it rains.

See you at the Summer Moot.
Rat pack curry in the rain, sounds like a plan for my big birthday! Looking forward to the SummerMoot, will practice my dutch oven cooking skills lots between now & then.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey! Glad you got back ok and that you had a great time at the Moot! Good to see you on here!
Any questions ask away and there's always someone that can point in the right direction.
Looking forward to seeing you about the place goodjob

Elaine

Feb 14, 2024
Catterall, Lancashire
Hey! Glad you got back ok and that you had a great time at the Moot! Good to see you on here!
Any questions ask away and there's always someone that can point in the right direction.
Looking forward to seeing you about the place goodjob
Thanks Tony had a great time at the Moot, have put my request in for annual leave for the summer one, busy time but hopefully I haven't left it too late. Will buy my ticket as soon as I get it approved.

• Love
Reactions: Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE