Hexi Stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Dont open can but put a dent in the side with a karate chop type blow. Put can in mess tin half full of water and boil on hexy stove until dent pops out. Food is now hot enough to eat straight from tin, make brew with water, mess tin is still clean, happy days. Just make sure you take out the can as soon as the dent pops.

the other way of doing it is to stand the can upright in boiling water, put two little holes in the lid and boil for about 15 mins, bit like boil in the bag really. Same again and use water for brew. Tip: when you stand the can in the water, try to expel the air bubble from under the can, improves the way the food is heated.

we used to live on these things in the 80s, hexy and messies, i can smell the bacon grill from here :)

Yep dented can or two placed in small mess tin with water. large mess tin used as a lid. Damn hot to handle, must be kept away from face when trying to open (pffft steam!!!) and not burn fingers using the wee issued tin opener.

I hated bacon grill, it repeated more than the BBC. Give me the Ghoulash anyday.

We were advised to wash, shave and clean with that water but not drink due to zinc from the cans. Dunno if it was a real risk or not but when water was short we made cofftea with it.

I've a few used and unused hexi cookers "Just in case", but these days its the Swedish Army Trangia that gets used - or a wee genteel kettle on bimbles.

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE