Hennessey and Underquilts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I have the loan of a Hennessey Explorer Deluxe hammock to play with for a few weeks as I am thinking of upgrading my DD frontline. I have a unsponsored 3/4 underquilt which works really well with my DD but I cannot seem to get it to work with the HH.

Does any one have any pointers on how to hang the UQ under the HH and also how do you get in the Velcro hole on the hammock when the UQ is in place? Some pictures of set up would really helpful.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
There is a thread on this site somewhere - I used it to set my Henessey up. Has pictures and walk-through. Can't flippin' find it, though!!!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
No experience of the Hennessey but lots in the states have had a zip sewn in down one side so they don't have to give birth to themselves on every pee exit and UQ adjustment.

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
Sounds like one of your main problems is the 'bottom entry' (no giggling now - just your reference to the velcro hole).

This is the main reason why I went for a zip on my Hennessey. It's an option on all but a few of the hammocks as new and gets around the UQ problem. If you are borrowing one to try it out then check out the comfort, etc but don't be put off by any UQ problems if you are going to then buy your own - just buy the zip version!

As for getting it in place / adjusted. I'll have to tell you in a few days - I already have the Hennessey and will be getting my first UQ...

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I used a HH with the Snugpak UQ for about 5 years...just push the UQ towards the hammock with the back of your legs as you get in. It springs back into place on its own due to the bungie cord it hangs on.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE