heads up on an allen blade knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Yep that is true, this is the image of it that allan sent me
92260.jpg

which will be in both locations :wave: or perhaps not as I now can't find it.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I can't find it now.
It was there this morning.
Did it get pulled??? :?:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I can't see it either. Suppose we have to go through BB. Is anyone else ordering one? At $45 it is too cheap not to is'nt it?

Let me know your thoughts guys. Who has one of Allan's knives already?

Thanks

Bill

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just spoke to him ,he can add a fire steel holder for $2.
I don't know if the blade will be "black" or "bright" and i wasn't sure about maple scales with a kydex sheath so i asked him about Micarta and he has black or natural.
I never had a kydex sheath before and for this money it would be rude not to :eek:):

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
does the pic have a second bevel on the edge? If not why is the flat grind coated and not sharpened so the coating is removed. Sorry if that is a donkey question but you guys wont mind a bit of stupidity on my part :wink:

Bill

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I am ordering one. I think his image is a bit washed out. I think the flats of the blade will be darker. I am going for natural/brown canvas micarta on mine, just like the supplied image. My larger version PackPal is a very nice knife...worth far more than he charged.

Long PackPal in Osage Orange
LPackPalSpoon.jpg

It is flat ground two-tone O1. The handle is a good shape and filling, the fit and finish is very good, the grind is excellent, and the kydex sheath is very good. I much prefer leather sheaths overall, but his kydex work is very good. My sheath has the belt loop attached with Chicago screws that allows some adjustment in carry height and can completely be removed for neck carry etc. At $45 I think this knife is a steal.

Overall, I am super pleased with my large PackPal and expect the same from this smaller version. The Scandi edge will be nice to compare to my Wheeler too.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Are those mosaic pins there Schwert? Excellent looking blade!

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
TenBears,

I think I see a secondary bevel there also. I will be asking him to make it zero grind on mine and will be maintaining it that way too. The flats may be coated but I am not sure.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Yup, mosaic pins. Overall a fairly fancy PackPal that only cost a few bucks more than the current offering.

This large PackPal is my only example of Allan's work, and it is a good one.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just got this from Allen...

Hello,

This Scandi Pack Pal will feature my FIeld Grade finish at this price level, which is a Bead Blast finish with my clear Hardcoat finish,, or i can leave the clear coat off the blade so it develops a Nice patina with use.

These blades are not Black but a Subdued Grey i have attached a Picture of it.

I could do a two tone finish with Bead blast flats and Scotchbrite bevels but it would be about 15.00 extra.

Most people have great use out of the standard Field Grade Finsih though.

Regards, Allan Blade

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
allen blade knives? incredible value, amazing fit and finish. in my experience the best kydex in the business. firesteel holders work great.

the belt loops are handed, so lefties make a point of specifying that you want a left handed belt loop/sheath. and it's really easy to secure your DC3 sharpening stone on the back of the sheath with a couple of bits of bike tyre innertube :super:

cheers, and.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Andy said:
do we have a price of postage yet? with all these customs charges might it be cheaper and safer to post to one location in the UK then have someone post them on?

I already asked the question and will let you know his response

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I have Allan Blade's Bushcrafter I am also on the list for the new Pack Pal and I am also on the waiting list for a Runt.

When I got the Bushcrafter I guess Allan must have made a "mistake" as it was labeled as Kitchen Cutlery Value $36 :wink:

I really like my Bushcrafter for my main knife but think the Pack Pal and Runt wil be ideal when I want something a little smaller. I could tell you how much I like Allan's work but it probably says more if I tell you that even though I hang about BB I am not tempted by any of the knifes I see unless it is one of Allans. Simply put my knife needs are more than covered and the workmanship is first class. For all I used to long for a Woodlore I am now have no real desire for one. Of course if I am given one I will take it ........................... and sell it to pay for my Allan Blade knifes.

And I too was surprised at the removal of the other posting in the classifieds. I assume it was because it was a doubler rather than it breaking the rules.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
MagiKelly said:
I could tell you how much I like Allan's work but it probably says more if I tell you that even though I hang about BB I am not tempted by any of the knifes I see unless it is one of Allans. Simply put my knife needs are more than covered and the workmanship is first class. For all I used to long for a Woodlore I am now have no real desire for one.

That is praise Magi and my mind is made up now. I'm going to put in an order for a natural micarta, zero grind, with fire steel holder.

This whole package is HALF the price of a woodlore sheath for god's sake. How can you argue with that?

Bill

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
tenbears10 said:
That is praise Magi and my mind is made up now. I'm going to put in an order for a natural micarta, zero grind, with fire steel holder.

This whole package is HALF the price of a woodlore sheath for god's sake. How can you argue with that?

Bill
Heck you can all order one now. I am in front of you in the queue :nana:

As for cost I expect my Bushcrafter, Runt and Pack Pal together will cost less than a WS Maple Woodlore and with three knifes I could even risk lending one to Rollnick to lose :eek:mg:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE