having a go.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Well after tasting many different slow type Vodka's I am having a go at some Skittle Vodka its made the same as slow vodka but with skittles but no added sugar. I went for the normal fruit skittles. So how is it made well fill a bottle 1/3 full of skittles then fill the bottle with vodka then shake once a day for a week once a week for a month then once a month for 3 months then decant and try resist drinking it all :).

here is what i have on the go just started today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the flavours are Apple Orange Lemon Grape Strawberry.

I would like to thank MartinK9 for the skittle idea.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
bought the Vodka today had to buy 5X 70cl and 1X 1L and 2X 35cl to make the 10 bottles in the pic with one shot left over that got necked :) i did this so as to have 2 bottles of each flavour.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Thats inspired Karl. Might have guessed MartinK9 was behind it lol. Im just on a spirit site now looking for stags breath and something to make a chaga tincture. looks like ill have to add some more voddy to have a go at this too. Could be an expensive basket :yikes:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Remember to scrape the scum off the top before you drink the Skittle juice, I left it on last time and it was dead oily when I shook it up.

Pear drops work well too

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Hmm.... Nice :)

Vagely remeber a bar in Manchester (revolutions?) having an entire wall of abolute vodka with various things in- jellybeans to vanilla.
I lost my suitcase that night, and a few more unmentionables.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You lot are far too old for alcopops. I'm facepalming the lot a'ya.

facepalm.jpg

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Oooh love the look of those. I love a bit of vodka. Went to Poland recently and got a really nice Cherry one for about £4 which tasted amazing (brought some back obviously!) :naughty:

I made what I called Christmas Vodka a few years back which was nice. I got a bottle of Absolut took about a 1/3 out and filled the bottle with mincemeat (the Christmas type not the meat type), left it in the fridge for about 4 months turning the bottle occasionally. When it came time to drink it I sieved out the bits and made vodka mincepies out of that (subtle but juicy) and I was left with a really thick brown vodka syrup which tasted like Christmas - it was v good!

Also if you mix Bison Vodka (Zubrovka) with cloudy apple juice it tastes like cinnamon apple pie.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Remember to scrape the scum off the top before you drink the Skittle juice, I left it on last time and it was dead oily when I shook it up

Looking at the ingredients they contain carnauba wax so this would probably explain it. Perhaps you can do some nice skittle leather work as a by product :lmao:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I will be draining each flavour through coffee filters and into clean bottles. The colour if from the skittles i did not add anything to the Vodka other than the skittles.
Lol JD when you next coming to a meet it might be ready by then and you know you want to have some :headbang::dancer::mexwave:

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Yes I filtered mine out but still a little got through need a good filter, I used coffee filters for mine, still I enjoyed it and some did get passed round at a few Midland meets :) although alot did get necked at other places :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I use a mad recipe- dishwasher vodka- get a smallish screw top glass drinks bottle, neck the contents and break enough chocolate bar to fill it 1/3 full. Add vodka and screw cap on LOOSELY. Put through a dishwasher cycle. Cool and drink :) We've done mars bars, cadburys eggs & peppermint aero which we now make every time, tis delish :)

I'm a big fan of making any leftover soft fruit into a sloe gin type alcohol, you can use anything in any hard liquor really, never found anything that doesn't work :)

My freind made pear vodka last year by hanging an empty glass bottle over a pear fruit that was just starting to swell, leaving the bottle on all summer while the fruit swelled inside it then added the vodka n sugar in autumn, looked brill until some sheeite nicked it during a house party ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE