Hats hats hats....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
:cop: A Tilley hat, because it was the first rain/sun hat I could find that would fit.
Also a green wooly thinsulate one for wearing at night or when it gets cold, but it's artificial fibre so I'd really love to replace it with a nice one made of good wool...

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
something.......
that will not melt
that will keep sun off!
that will stay stiff when wet
that you can put insect repellent on
that can be washed
that will "go" with different outfits
that will take being packed in a bag
that you can attatch to your head on windy days
that floats
you can wear after elephant digestion :lmao:
with a fantastic 100% return policy
if worn out from hard use they will replace!!! :You_Rock_

i don't have one because of the price but

it sounds like a tilley hat to me!
never heard a bad thing about them!
only good!

i have a wax hat thats too hot in summer, and floppy untill wet but then it shrinks! :( and needs to be ironed to keep it looking like a hat!

other instructors have Leather hats that are not water proof and go floppy when wet, and let insects in the air holes!

i use to wear sun hats that just don't do the job , and are not suitable for cold weather, and don't "go" with other clothes!

when i have some spare income i'm going to buy a tilley!

they've bought out a new brown one made of hemp!

i like the looks alot!

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Tilley. 10 years old. Faded a bit, but just as good as when I got it. It's been worn a lot too. Bombproof and one of the few bits of kit I can genuinely find no fault with - and I'm a fussy git... :D

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Olive drab boonie and watch cap for me,covers both winter and summer.Just the job! :)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Tilley for me in summer and a wool cap for winter. I have just got a Filson tin cloth packer hat but that's a bit hot for the moment but should be good in the rain.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
British Red said:
Err...flat cap (sorry to break the sequence). Thinsulate watchcap for sleeping.

What's that tatty thing you have on first thing in the morning Red...

DW & myself got a brace of Rogue's at the LR show at Eastnor at the weekend...good for keeping the sun off on the day and will get a load of wear from now on...

LS

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Aaaahh...hats :rolleyes:

P1010015.jpg

The three in front are from Kakadu in Oz. The middle one is the most weatherproof. The mainlander on the right is my current favourite.

The ones at the back are bush type hats. The one in the middle a cheap (but just as good) version of the Tilley. I also wear a black fleece hat for nights and ocassionally a buff which is an excellent multi purpose hat/scarf.

I haven't had the nerve to wear the deerstalker yet. :D

Pablo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE