Hats hats hats....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
ludlowsurvivors said:
What's that tatty thing you have on first thing in the morning Red...

If its before coffee, I'm still officially akip so my watchcap :D . If its warm and morning, that might just be my hair! Failing that it'll probably be my flat cap or, very occasionally, if its raining, it'll be felt widebrim jobby to keep the rain of'n me neck. In any case, it'll have a grumpy face under it ;)

Red

Jon Mawer

Forager
May 2, 2006
Taunton, Somerset
I've got a drizabone bush hat, its really weatherproof, but a bit too hot for summer. I also have a highlander digger hat, which is fine. For sleeping in I have a watch hat, very warm and cozy :) . I also have 2 buffs, EXCELLENT pieces of kit, so good my friends went out and bought them as well :p . I am considering getting a campaign/ drill instructors hat from here, funny, but nice and old fashioned! I also have loads of novelty hats, which I only wear in the woods! Am thinking of getting a boonie hat, and a barmah, but need money first!

Jackdaw

Flat cap for most weathers except v cold or v hot. V cold = wooly hat with ear flaps I use for snowboarding. V hot = cricket hat. Always thought a Tilley hat looks like something oap's wear on their coach trip and the leather ones look a bit "bushcrafty" for me, just another "must have" piece of kit that everyone seems to have these days.

That said, most of the time I don't wear a hat.

Jun 5, 2006
Hampshire
A North Face soft hat with a brim which is light and cool, but when its a bit breezy the brim is a bit too soft. Summer days :)
A Quicksilver beanie hat for cold weather (not very bushcraft, but I was camping on a surf trip when I needed it, and surprisingly that was all the surf shop had).
And I've just ordered a wild roo hat from oz. :D
www.wildearth.com.au

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Barmah for me too, but I do have an outback that I bought in the rockies last year.. That gets the most hammer :D

Looks similar to this one
P_490892_1224772.JPG

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Tilley T4 top choice all around for me. Excellent in rain or sun and a perfect travel hat. I much prefer the T4 preshaped brim over the original T3...the gentle curve covers my neck very well. I can wear a thin alpaca hat under it for cold weather but in the winter I usually sport an Akubra Sydney or Lightning Ridge.

The price of a Tilley is cheap considering the long term use potential and great customer service. My Tilley goes everywhere.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE