Hails from Borneo - expedition video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
10:30am in Sarawak, Borneo. Just got out of the jungle for a short stint. Been out here now since May 2011 and will probably be gracing the shores of the UK again in the not too distant future. Miss the forum and its banter so thought id post a video about the expedition. its short and sharp and just to show people the sort of thing ive been doing. A documentary style one is being worked on at the moment and will hopefully be finished around christmas. Hope you enjoy it and i look forward to getting back into things as soon as possible.

[video=youtube;h1DHccMhJXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DHccMhJXw[/video]

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like fun mate, looking forward to hearing more when you get back

What was the purpose of the exped?

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Thanks for sharing, will good to see the full doc, By the way you don't need to miss us :) I think you are having a great time

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
thanks for the comments. music is welcome home by radical face (features in the nikon advert)

be back in the next few weeks.....

going to be offering up talks if anyone knows a group that wants a speaker for an evening...

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
The video seems to have dissappeared from my screen!!

You are having fun which more people should do. Goodluck to you in your adventures. I may bump into you one day in the ulu or in KK or Miri!

mmmm still on mine... im sitting in miri at the moment if you are around....

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
nope. was there last week.

Back in Indonesia sorting myself out for namibia next week.

where do you normally hang out in miri - highlands, minda??

minda, they are like family... i always eat with them in their private kitchen etc... done some mapping work for their NCR case so we get on well.

damn.... i was here last week as well.. briefly...

Where are you in indon?

When are you back in the uk?

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Like passing ships in the night then:)

Willie and Dennis's problem with ******** and the headman at *******?

Stayed there for a night last week. Tend to move about now. I used to stay at Highlands a lot as I got on OK with Joanne and there is a pub downstairs but some people in my groups didn't take to her very well so I moved to Dillenia and elsewhere. You tried the Waterfront yet? I haven't tried it so keen to hear what people think.

In Jakarta unfortunately not somewhere nice like Lombok. Not likely to be in the UK for a bit as Oz is home.

Ash

Last edited:

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Like passing ships in the night then:)

Willie and Dennis's problem with ******* and the headman at ******?

Stayed there for a night last week. Tend to move about now. I used to stay at Highlands a lot as I got on OK with Joanne and there is a pub downstairs but some people in my groups didn't take to her very well so I moved to Dillenia and elsewhere. You tried the Waterfront yet? I haven't tried it so keen to hear what people think.

In Jakarta unfortunately not somewhere nice like Lombok. Not likely to be in the UK for a bit as Oz is home.

Ash

prefer it if you dont directly link me and the issues with the ********..... google is a powerful tool and a ten year deportation would be very uncool...

but yes i did the gps mapping for their ncr court case (the opposition solicitor backed out at the last minute once they'd handed in the data..... mmmmm.... glad i did a good job)

jakarta is a bit dingy but there are worse places to be.

maybe will cross properly one day eh!

Last edited:

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Yes.

No fun to be refused entry. Each time I go I wonder if this is the time...

Already on SB rogues gallery. I've redacted my post but you need to do the same to yours when you quoted me

PM on way

changed your quote but wrote something stupid on mine... hahahaha....

hope all is well in the east.... can see the southern cross from my house tonight.... as well as the big dipper/plough/ursa major.... love it... one of the few places on earth you can see both so clearly.... milky way is looking awesome as well... sigh.. two weeks left before hitting the uk again!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE