Gents...why ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
When a woman says, "Go ahead." It's not permission; it's a dare.
If you ask, "What's wrong" and she says, "Nothing." Something is wrong.
If she says, "Fine." Expect trouble.
If she says, "That's alright." Sleep sonewhere else for a few weeks.

And lastly, NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! agravate a creature that can bleed for a week without dying. It's EVIL I tell you!

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I don't know what you're all talking about.
When my partner gets argumentative all I have to do is say in a calm measured voice: "Come on luv, calm down."
And the argument ends - Mainly because I can't hear into the phonic range that her voice takes on mind...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Son: "Dad I'm afraid I don't understand girls."

Dad: "Son do you understand how the television works?"

Son: "No, not really bar the basics."

Dad: "Well there you go, just enjoy them both son, the basics are all you need."

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Hmmm I'm slightly worried as I have more than three pairs of shoes:-

1 pair I got married in and only come out at funerals and other weddings.
1 pair welly boots for snow and really mucky stuff
1 old pair walking boots for dossing & up the allotment
1 new[ish] pair walking boots for ..... walking
1 pair smart[ish] work/ office shoes.

Unfortunatley at anyone time at least one pair has dog poo on them :(

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What is it that you guys are doing wrong?
I have been married to the same woman for 33 trouble free years.
She does my cooking, cleaning, decorating, typing, accounts, gardening, wood-sawing, shopping, proof-reading etc
She is the primary wage earner, does the driving when we go out and is always cheerful!
I have unlimitted passes-out for all my bushy and canoeing needs, she watches the rugby with me (and understands most of the rules!) and even fetches the beer from the kitchen!
She wears and is interested in NO jewelery, has no interest in Fashion or shoes or even little nick-nacks to clutter the house and take up knife display space.

She likes it when I carve her gifts for Valentines prezzies.
The only difficult bit is buying her Xmas and Birthday prezzies as she says she does not need anything!

Did I get the only one of these paragons in existance?
Lucky me! :)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
A bit of forward planning helps too. My wife was a Geordie ( a proper one born in the shadow of Vickers, Scotswood Road. .:) ) When she got in a temper the language barrier completely broke down and I never knew what she was saying anyway..So I just shut up.:lmao:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
"Men are at a complete disadvantage in an argument. Because for a man the argument has to make sense", Chris Rock.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Women seem to use emotion and feeling when they communicate, men simply dont understand.
My missus uses riddles and expects me to decipher them rather than just telling me what's wrong or what she wants.

I think the similarities in our species end at biology.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Women seem to use emotion and feeling when they communicate, men simply dont understand.......

That's because we only have two emotions:
1. Hungry---in which case she gives me a sandwich
2. randy----in wich case she gives me a XXXXXX

Nic 1084

Jan 21, 2013
Berkeley, Glos
I am al;so lucky in that the current wife understands me and puts up with me......
(posted as my wife reads this and is a member)

hopefully she will have given up reading this now, cos the truth is......

Llwyd

Forager
Jan 6, 2013
Eastern Canada
See I just bought my wife from a Russian Submarine captain that came up the Bay of Fundy so I don't have these problems. A good deal too... I got her, a low yield nuclear war head, a Kalashnikov rifle, and two cases of Vodka for a fashionable pair of sun glasses, a dozen Tim Horton's Boston creme donuts, 15 gallons of hydraulic fluid and $9.86 worth of Canadian Tire money.

I miss the Cold War.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Once after a trip away, I brought my wife back a present - a handful of brightly coloured pebbles that I had collected for her from a shingle beach. She liked them very much, and put them with her small collection of semi-precious stones.

"But you only get away with that one once" was her only comment.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I've heard women explore width and men explore depth (no euphemism intended) another way of putting that I guess women explore the relationship between things (what needs to be done) and men the detail of how to get them done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE