Game of Thrones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Did anyone else notice that the Priest of the many faced god was in the cage that went north in the first few of series #2?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Do you mean Jaqen H'gar Colin?

If so its really important that he was, because Arya Stark let him out when the Gold Cloaks attacked her. Then Jaqen owed the many faced god, and Arya, three lives.

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
me either :)

Jaqen in cage on wheels

Arya lets Jaqen out when cage on fire.

Arya captured by Lannisters

Jaqen turns up and promises Arya three lives.

Arya names third kill as "Jaqen H'gar" (or help me escape)

Jaqen kills gate guards and helps Arya escape.

Jaqen gives Arya coin to find him again if needed.

........and relax!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not Jaqen H'gar Red...... the dude who brought Berick Dundarian? (sp? not read the books yet) back to life a good few times.

Did he go north in a cage Colin?

I can't remember seeing that...... but then, every time i re watch it, i notice other stuff that i had either forgotten about, or never picked up on.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
me either :)

Jaqen in cage on wheels

Arya lets Jaqen out when cage on fire.

Arya captured by Lannisters

Jaqen turns up and promises Arya three lives.

Arya names third kill as "Jaqen H'gar" (or help me escape)

Jaqen kills gate guards and helps Arya escape.

Jaqen gives Arya coin to find him again if needed.

........and relax!

Must admit that the first couple of seasons I wasn't really into the whole GOT thing. Watched them while reading. Bad habit I know but I have to be taken by TV afore it gets my whole attention.
So saying I've gotten into it now and 'am re-watching from the start. Going to give the books a go soon, though I often find the genre is populated by bad writters even though I love it.
Still I've a mountain a books to get through before I start to wade through another author. :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Just watched the latest series after my wife bought them on the digital thingy in the corner... whatever it is... and have to say there is nothing in it that surprised me much other than the final episode's end. Everything else was pretty predictable... especially what happens to the hated and the downright nasty.

I'm hoping the next series gives some surprises like the earlier series did... especially ones like the Red Wedding. Those are the episodes you really want to watch because it reminds you that no character is safe, no character can be guaranteed a place in the next series.

My wife has read the books and she is looking forward to reading the next, but I've been busy reading about other things like how to make a steam engine work more efficiently and trapping methods using wire. I have a skill forever (once practiced).. my wife has the knowledge to roughly know what happens in the next few episodes of GOT (roughly).

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Decided to check back on BCUK for the first time in months and I end up on a thread about GoT... :D

One good thing though is it's convinced me to try and get my other half into it since others have obviously had some success!

Latest season finale was brilliant! HBO are definitely top of the league of making epic series'.

Also @British Red, awesome post on Jaqen, I had no idea the connection with Arya went back that far.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Been trying to place what I'd seen "Little Finger". Bothering me on and off whenever he came on screen. Finally figured it out. He's the cop killing baddy channeling Sid Vicious in "Blitz" (2011) playing opposite Jason Stratham. Good film.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Reading the books these days.
Don't watch tv... Or is that blasphemy?

Not blasphemy at all. Do what works. Spent six hours today overhauling my traps and building some new artificial tunnels for Fenn traps whilst listening to "Clan of the Cave Bear" on audiobook. Love real books, but they are less helpful whilst operating power tools!

The new tunnels are, if I say so myself, pretty good too. I may not have built a btter mousetrap, but I'm confident of having built a better rat trap!

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm currently enjoying The Last Kingdom. It's got a good few historical fopars but it's a good yarn nonetheless. As a bonus it's got the stitch-counters stamping their sandals and twirling their beards in disgust so I'm doubly happy.
However I'm sad to admit I got a bit annoyed when I spotted a modern press stud on one of the 'Norman' tunics...
:fishing:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The law of averages would suggest that even without trying, the costume and property departments should get something right.

The Last Kingdom proves the exception to the rule. Truly awful..

Compare this to another TV production of Cornwell's work, Sharpe for example, and the difference between cheap, shoddy work and making even a tiny effort to do things properly is immediately apparent.

Picking up a children's book about the Vikings would have been a good start.

The only thing worse than the Props and costume is the wooden acting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE