Flooded

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lurch,

Sorry to hear that as you are deffintely one of the good guys. I hope there isn't too much damage and if I can can I say that I'll do as much to put as much buisiness your way to customers after things settle down to help ease out the problems.

I think that especially during these hard times we should try to help each other out, even a recomendation to a friend / customer can smooth out the problems in life. Lurch has been a great trader and freely gives info and help to all who ask. So lets give something back folks.

I have no conection to him bar the fact that he's an allround white hat here on BBUK.

Hope it all goes well mate.

Goatboy.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Sorry to hear that Lurch. You have always been a great trader to deal with.
Be positive and let us all know when we can start putting the orders in.
Alan

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Still can't get to the warehouse so I've no idea how bad it is in there but when I saw it yesterday (from the hills behind) there was maybe 2-3 feet of water surrounding it.
So that means that all my Karrimor stuff is flooded, the highlander bags, probably the Gransfors, definitely the kelly kettles, most of my maxpedition gear and god knows what else. That's assuming the racking didn't fall over in which case everything is knacked.
If my server is dry then restarting should be quite quick (pending clean premises and payout), if not the that slows stuff down rather.
Biggest pain at the moment is that I can't contact the insurers! The number on their website goes through to a third party domestic helpline and they haven't a clue how to contact commercial. The brokers are shut and my paperwork is of course in a filing cabinet in the unit.
Nowt I can do until Monday.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
_46762243_cockermouth_bbc.jpg

My warehouse in the red circle!

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
My thoughts are with you mate, My friend emailed me his house is trashed but his flat at YHA is ok despite 18" water on ground floor. Looks like a work party trip later.
How long does it take to dry out after a flood?

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
really sorry to hear about that. hope it aint as bad as it first seems and you get on your feet real quick. mostly that the insurance play fair and not play hard ball
my order will be waiting for when you get going again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE