fixed blade. what you using

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
Did you make these knifes josh ?
im using these, bottom one is o1 and the top one is 52100 bearing steel.

DSCN3242.jpg

and this one, modernised leuku in g10

DSCN3234.jpg

all with FGYT blades and my handles/sheaths, except the 52100 which duncan used to demonstrate his mystical skills and what not.

dancan

Nomad
Sep 29, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
It's one of my 20.00$$ finds years ago , it's small , fits well in the hand and keeps a good edge , cleans game and fish just fine .
I could live without the serrations but they do work . I have a friend with a couple of BarkRivers but he's hounding me to sell him this one . My second carry is a Grohmann Bird & Trout 25.00$$ find , I like the style and fit but I find it a bit too thick ? for it's intended purpose . I might have save up a few $$ and order a flat grind bird & trout in carbon steel .

It's one of my 20.00$$ finds years ago , it's small , fits well in the hand and keeps a good edge , cleans game and fish just fine .
I could live without the serrations but they do work . I have a friend with a couple of BarkRivers but he's hounding me to sell him this one . My second carry is a Grohmann Bird & Trout 25.00$$ find , I like the style and fit but I find it a bit too thick ? for it's intended purpose . I might have save up a few $$ and order a flat grind bird & trout in carbon steel .

I've had a couple of older Pumas, they had great steel and heat treat and also had a great balance. I miss them...but not the ex that took them :)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Well after hours of knife trawling and researching iv finaly found a what im hoping will be my perfect knife or atleast 2nd knife and im afraid im gona leave you hanging there il post a pick once i receive it;)

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
sat03.jpg

This is the one I am using the most at the moment, its from an old car spring bit, hammered flat, with a horn handle. It seems to keep an edge pretty well.

Ouch ! That bites .

Yeah, she took several of my favorite bits but in the end the peace was worth it :)

sat03.jpg

This is the one I am using the most at the moment, its from an old car spring bit, hammered flat, with a horn handle. It seems to keep an edge pretty well.

I've seen some really good knives made from leaf springs. It's often 5160 which is a really durable steel that takes and holds an edge really well with a good heat treat.

Jan 1, 2012
Washington State
Lately ive been using the BK2 I got for Christmas but I usually use either my Nordic Bear II or my Izula II. I really want to get my hands on a BCNW-01.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE