First Tick Bite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Am I one of the few who's not that bothered about ticks? I understand the issues and the potential for Lyme's Disease, and have had plenty of ticks when I lived in Germany. But .... if I get ticks, I remove them. No problem.

It's just a case of regular checks (for me anyway) and it really doesn't put me off going out. In fact ... and I'm going to get so flamed for this ... I actually look forward to finding and removing them! I've got a few different types of removal tool and kind of practice using them all.

My wife absolutely hates them with a passion but, to me, they are as annoying as mosquito/midges but a part of life if you spend time outdoors.

Are we losing our perspective on this or am I just a freak?

Probably the latter....

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
I went lakes this weekend and found around 25 of them crawling up my legs (yes I wore shorts, it was nice and sunny).

Really strange that none of them bit, they were just climbing up, I flicked each one off and have been fine. What is bugging me is why did none of them bite? they were tiny tiny tiny.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maybe they were still climbing to get a nice damp, warm, bit :D

All the time outdoors and I never mind hearing much about them before the last few years.

cheers,
Toddy

bivibabe

May 5, 2009
loch eck argyll
Toddy can you remember what the spray was that you did the rooms with? my cats and dog are getting ticks daily, we have them in the garden too eek. Got my 1st bite a couple weeks ago inside my thigh :( the 1st of many no doubt.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm not too bothered by ticks it's the clegs that I can't stand. Such an annoying bite and you don't hear them coming.

I've said it before, but though I think everythng has a place in the cycle of things, and a right to live, I can't see a reason for amnesty for these beasts :( I carry an epipen because of them :sigh: Miserable blighters.

Toddy can you remember what the spray was that you did the rooms with? my cats and dog are getting ticks daily, we have them in the garden too eek. Got my 1st bite a couple weeks ago inside my thigh :( the 1st of many no doubt.

I think it was called Acclaim. I know it seemed to keep my last cat, a wandering Tom, free from them :D

cheers,
M

p.s. like this
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/flea-treatme...m-acclaim-household-flea-spray-400ml-can-p-16

Last edited:

Scipio

May 1, 2011
Reading
Hi folks,

I have many years of experience in using plants for medicinal purposes. What you need is a houseleek plant. They are so simple to grow and need no special soil. Simply break off a leaf, break the leaf in half and rub the exposed side of the leaf where the oil comes out onto the part of your skin where the bite is. It`ll heal in no time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE