First spoon i ever made.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hi, in all the 24 odd years i have been in and out of this lark i have never attempted to make a spoon (never had the patience),so on an overnighter yesterday i decided i'm going to give it a go. I used a Mora clipper,Opinel No8 and some sandpaper. I finished it of this morning at home with some fine sandpaper and sealed it with some Walnut oil.
I could get into this but next time choose a piece of wood without a knot in the middle of the spoon...lol.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nicely done fella

Did you know the knot was there all along or did it appear as you started on the bowl ?

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
That is a nice bit of work for a first spoon. Do not worry about the knot as Mesquite mentions above it adds character. Many of my spoons have knots in the most anoying places, but after the sealing process with Walnut oil it will become waterproof & look more nicer than just plain wood. For a possible next project you could try making a fork & butter knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE