Fireplace

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have the chimney but not a lot there.

I need a design of fireplace that will burn wood well, and also has room for maybe a bit of cooking or bushcraft stuff.

dont suggest a stove as I cant afford one, but i could probably build a credible fireplace.

Ill take a pic to show you soon.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
You may find that you need a HEATAS Engineer to sort the fireplace for you to comply with current building regs (we had to have one in to check my work when I rebuilt our fireplace and installed the stove). Also, you may need a cowl on the top of the chimney if there isn't one already.

The very first thing you want to do is to have your chimney checked by a reputable sweep because if you're chimney is knackered then there's no point in going any further with the fireplace until the chimney is sorted. You can do a very quick test yourself by burning a bit of newspaper in the hearth and then blowing it out so that theres lot of smoke. First check the the chimney draws the smoke in and then get somebody outside to check they can see smoke out of the top. This test is only an indication and you should have it tested properly. The very last thing in the world you want is a chimney fire...they are quite litterally deadly!!!! :eek:

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

G

glendoggett

Fireplace is used in the winter to warm your room. Nowadays, fireplaces are among the popular utility and interior decor items, and tools add to their efficiency and beauty. There are many types of fireplace are available in the market.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE