Bushcraft/outdoor shopping in London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
I’m coming down to London soon and wondered if there were any shops in central London worth a visit. I appreciate that the bushcraft store is in Enfield but won’t be able to travel that far out due to time constraints. Maybe zones 1 and 2 on the tube. Any outdoor or bushcraft shops worth a look that people could suggest?
many thanks.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Seeing as London is zero tolerance on edged tools, unless trade related. I am interested to hear what others say?

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
The knife laws in London are the same as everywhere else….
Museums and tourist attractions may have there own rules, same as everywhere else.

Reactions: gg012

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I used to work in and around London, going to defra offices etc
Hmmmm, you must have had different experiences to me. I've never had any issues entering DEFRA & EA offices whilst carrying various pocket knives or whilst traveling in London.

Only time I've ever been refused entry to somewhere was when I had my steel toe capped boots on and the doormen politely explained I wasn't allowed in whilst wearing them and pointed me in the direction of another bar where I could get a pint.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Hmmmm, you must have had different experiences to me. I've never had any issues entering DEFRA & EA offices whilst carrying various pocket knives or whilst traveling in London.

Only time I've ever been refused entry to somewhere was when I had my steel toe capped boots on and the doormen politely explained I wasn't allowed in whilst wearing them and pointed me in the direction of another bar where I could get a pint.
I must have looked more unsavoury than you.... :) I had a SAK on me when entering the defra offices, i was warned, SAK taken off me and a ballocking when I got back to my main office. It was a huntsman SAK.

It was a police officer that said there is zero tolerance, but he might also been having a bad day! Either way, I have followed that line when in London.

I must admit I did accidentally have a SAK on me when going into the houses of parliament once, emptied my pockets and to my horror saw the red handle of the SAK in my wallet, luckily they didn't look that well!!!

Last edited:

Watch-keeper

Life Member
Sep 3, 2013
London
At the bottom or Regent street there's the Snow Peak shop with lots of cool Titanium kit its a bit expensive but if you visit the Victorinox shop its isn't too far. A bit further down is Farlows on Pall Mall who have an excellent fly fishing section....again expensive but worth a look.

Reactions: richy3333
May 23, 2011
Oxfordshire
If your in Covent garden on South Hampton Street you have Nordic Outdoor, Cotswolds Outdoor, Ellis Brigham and North Face, and a mountain warehouse if you don't feel like remortgaging your house.

Reactions: richy3333

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
At the bottom or Regent street there's the Snow Peak shop with lots of cool Titanium kit its a bit expensive but if you visit the Victorinox shop its isn't too far. A bit further down is Farlows on Pall Mall who have an excellent fly fishing section....again expensive but worth a look.
That sounds great. I’m going to Farlows for some fishing supplies (lots of secret trout loch near where I live) and Victorinox, might treat myself :)

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I must have looked more unsavoury than you.... :) I had a SAK on me when entering the defra offices, i was warned, SAK taken off me and a ballocking when I got back to my main office. It was a huntsman SAK.

It was a police officer that said there is zero tolerance, but he might also been having a bad day! Either way, I have followed that line when in London.

I must admit I did accidentally have a SAK on me when going into the houses of parliament once, emptied my pockets and to my horror saw the red handle of the SAK in my wallet, luckily they didn't look that well!!!
9/11 was the watershed for such things, but I can remember way back when, having an SAK with me during a visit to the palace of Westminster and having no problems with it. In more recent times I was grilled by the British Museum as to what kind of aninal my folding keyring spork was.

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Thanks everyone for the ideas. We’re away on the sleeper train this evening.

Noticed there’s a Beretta gallery centrally located so am taking my licences, just in case!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE