Ferret Kits.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
My 3(ish) year old Jill has just given birth to a litter of kits.
I'm not sure how many yet because it's best not to disturb the nest for a while, but I did catch a glimpse of a few.
Certainly made my day and it's also her first litter.

Hopefully get some pics up soon......

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Not a very good photo as I quickly stuck the camera in whilst mother was having a feed outside.
I think there might be 7 or 8 in there. They're making a rather cute squeaking noise.

150620121155.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I read the title and my first thought was, "Oh boy, the postie's are gonna love him :rolleyes: "

Sorry, I'll get me coat :eek:

Cute wee things though :)

M

Welshwizard

Forager
Aug 11, 2011
Abergavenny Wales
i always avoid disturbing mine until they up and about , depends on their mother ,some jills I,ve had never minded me handling them as soon as they had fur but i had one that ate her litter within a week or two of them born ,never bred her again but my little polecat coloured one was a great mum .

Last edited:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
DSC00254-2.jpg

Cookie monster and spots very well handled by original keeper hence why they can handled by children, got another one [mr white] as well last night, a bit more fiesty only adults handle him at the moment. All brothers, very differant personalities, cookie monster is certainly the brains of outfit, and mr white the braun, spots [the darkest] is the sweetest though.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Now at 3 weeks old.
I've taken them out to change the bedding and there's 8 in total - 7 Jills and just the 1 Chiselhead!

300620121191.jpg

300620121197.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aw :D

They do look healthy :D When do their eyes open ? and is your Jill happy looking or frazzled. I couldn't imagine dealing with eight babies at once :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Aw :D

They do look healthy :D When do their eyes open ? and is your Jill happy looking or frazzled. I couldn't imagine dealing with eight babies at once :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

Thank you. You're looking at the one month mark and upwards for when they start openeing their eyes.
The mother is looking quite skinny and she's eating and drinking plenty at the moment, I'm sure she's desperate for a break!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aye, well, it's not like she can hand them off to their Granny for the day :D
Jill will be run ragged when that lot all open up and start climbing :yikes:
Fun, fun, fun :D

M

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
In the meantime.....................

...... when I haven't been raising ferrets, I've been judging them!

This is at the kennels open day.

IMG_9672.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE