Favourite Street Food? Please Answer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Quite possibly. They didn't call them empanadas though :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

And they're not called empanadas all ove Latin America. But as Latin America was colonized by Spain and Portugal it's likely theirs did originate inthat part of Europe.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
With restrictions looking like they are getting lifted and many a pent up demand for some bellies to get some nice yumz-yumz in them I thought I would bump this thread.

So people - what have you been hankering after?? :)

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Gloucester dripping cake.... mmmm
Not technically street food yet I recall as a kid people would queue for hours waiting for that bakery in Tredworth to open its door. Other bakeries would knock out a tray or two but there were places those in the know would congregate for the truly good stuff.. The young and old, manual worker and white collar foodie and pretty much every sugar junkie for miles all jostling rubbing shoulders for the first whiff of that sticky sweet caramalised toffee fat 'goodness'. Screw guilt and accept no substitutes, it's got to be beef. Lardy cake it 'aint!

Reactions: TeeDee

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Thai food.. particularly pad Thai.
Yep. I was going to suggest that anyway.
Or fish tacos, chopped salad, chipotle mayo and lots of lime juice.
Or buttermilk-fried chicken. I had an amazing one at a festival, in a roll, with a dark tomato chilli sauce and slaw. Messy and delicious, like the best food eaten with your hands. You needed about 6 napkins.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'd like to see more gluten free options. It's starting to happen at festivals but I had the best beetroot wrap with hummus salad and falafel at the scythe fair last year.
All gluten free. A delight!

Reactions: santaman2000

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
In normal conditions Berliner Curry Wurst with Pommes Frites or Italian Pizza.

In cold conditions Arab Kebab like usual offered in France or Turkish Pide--Pizza offered in Germany.

In warm conditions Sandwitch Jambon Emmental or French fine cake.

I would buy the Paelea too.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I can't pass up a slow-grilled bratwurst in a big toasted Hoagie bun.
Cheap yellow mustard for glue to hold the fine dice raw onion in place.
Many times, I'm so uncertain about the food quality that I have to have a second one.
They taste even better if it is snowing. Pop the first one down and enjoy #2.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Depends on what street. On a Texas street or elsewhere in the US southwest it’s gonna be fajitas. In the UK I’ll try (and like) most of your street food but at the end of the day not much will beat fish & chips.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE