Favourite Street Food? Please Answer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Favourite Street Food? Please Answer
Just doing a little market research and completely unrelated to anything bushcrafty.

So , quick question ( and if you could all answer rather than pass by I'd really appreciate it )

Of all the 'Street foods' available at Fayres , Fete's , Events ect what is your favourite and what would you be queing up for?

Is there any street foods you'd LIKE to see offered , maybe something you've sampled in a different country.

Any comments or concerns ref Street Foods? Care to share ???

So , as examples but not limited to : -
Curry, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs , Chicken Wings , Jacket Spuds ,Chips, Kebabs , Kofta's , Soups , Stews ....

What would Choose? Just be honest , no need to name something obscure to just be different , I'm interested in what you would really choose to eat.

If its a Bacon Sandwich its a Bacon Sandwich , if its a Veg Curry its a Veg Curry.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Paella or tagine are the foods I would like to see more of.

As to what I go for, it's difficult as it varies depending on time of day, weather, mood etc...maybe a curry or a stew.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
In my uni days in Coventry there was a great stall that did really taste bake potatoes, proper baked potatoes - not just bunged in a microwave. with a varity of hot or cold fillings. I was quite fond of chicken curry.

They were BIG tatties and generous with the fillings, really hot - great when it was winter.

That and a full breakfast in a baguete from the pub were pretty much what I lived on.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
i tend to go for exotic burgers.

What i would love to see is a proper indian samosa and bhaji stand. In india there are tons of little carts by the roadside cooking up some seriously nice street food

more n more take sandwiches etc as events are usually massively over priced and massive Queues which aren't fun if you have a couple of kids who want a drink and food NOW and certainly wont stand in line for an hour + when theres Slides and face painting available and will probably need a wee just as you get near the front so losing your place

so Choose is what ever is near reasonable price and has a short queue and kids will actually eat and sells fruit shoots

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I'd like to see those big Schnitzels they do in Germany. With Jaeger sauce of course. I'd also like to see salad offered and included in the price with almost anything like in Europe, not offered as an extra, if offered at all.

Reactions: Woody girl

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The thing for me at fairs is it has to be "walk and eat" food - not knife and fork.

Used to be a place sold brilliant bratwurst and knockwurst in Andover. Also like a good venison burger. Agree with Duncan on queues.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
While I was away with work one year, there was a pretzel van making them to order with lots of different flavours and the they were very moorish. Really good as a snack item

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
In New York, has to be hot dog
in Sydney, oz, floater, pie, mashed potato, mushy peas and gravy
Thailand, grilled chicken, sticky rice, and som tum salad
South Africa, Bunny Chow
Germany, Curry wurst
Stockholm, fried herrings on an open sour dough sandwich
Baghdad schwarma from Castle restaurant
England: Fish and Chips

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Growler n peas :thumbup: favorite
stew & dumplings : what I've not seen, that I'd like .

Hope the survey gets the results your seeking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I was in Cambrai in France, winter time blooming freezing cold about twenty five years ago and had a hot baguette filled with chips and mayonnaise... That would be good to see over here, various fillings, good sausages et al.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE