Favourite Street Food? Please Answer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Interesting subject as the Interstate Fair starts here Friday as does the Mullet festival.

At the fair? Probably the large Polish sausage on a hotdog bun with sauteed onions and bell peppers.
At a ballgame? Probably a hotdog, corndog, or Po-Boy
From a street vendor? Depends on where:
-Here? Hotdogs or maybe chili-cheese fries
-Texas? Fajitas
-The UK? Can anything really beat fish & chips?

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Being a huge fan of street food and having tasted loads admittedly England , Spain and Greece only my favourite is always a Tagine. One of the finest I've ever had was St Nicholas food market in Bristol. However, when I used to trade I did noodles with fish chicken beef with different veg and 8 different sauces to choose from cooked fresh to order. Great fun and financially very profitable but just too physically demanding in the end.

Sent via Tapatalk V2.0.3

Reactions: Brizzlebush

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What do you call those little fried balls of chickpea batter ? Those with cheese or a sour cream type sauce :)

Cheugh roll and chips and cheese with mayo.

Big slice of garlic bread covered in cheese sauce and roasted.

(can you tell I really miss gluten and dairy? :sigh:)

I like the stalls with the dried but chewy strawberries, apples, pears, cherries, etc.,

cheers,
Toddy

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Pancake street sellers in Paris, crepe suzette, with a liquer like grand mariner, or christmas times in city/town centres in the uk, a small brown paper bag of shelled, and skinned roasted chestnuts.

A good pork pie and peas on bonfire night, or standing outside in the cold at a football/rugby match, with a bit of malt vinegar and mint.

[And I mean a good pork pie, none of that supermarket/24hour garage crap, with grey 'seasoned' meat. I dont want to say melton mowbray, but they've brought it on themselves. It has to be Good pink meat, with a nice glazed crust from a proper butchers]

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
What?! No mention of the good old pastie! A good Cornish pastie (or any decent meat-based pastie actually - the person who invented the cheese and onion pastie should be hung drawn and quartered, and don't get me started on corned beef pasties :yuck:. I said good meat) would be my choice every time.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
What?! No mention of the good old pastie! A good Cornish pastie (or any decent meat-based pastie actually - the person who invented the cheese and onion pastie should be hung drawn and quartered, and don't get me started on corned beef pasties :yuck:. I said good meat) would be my choice every time.

Ah! Corned beef; now you've reminded me of a proper Reuben. But a proper one mind you with real corned beef, not tinned.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Po-Boy's look interesting.

Interesting subject as the Interstate Fair starts here Friday as does the Mullet festival.

At the fair? Probably the large Polish sausage on a hotdog bun with sauteed onions and bell peppers.
At a ballgame? Probably a hotdog, corndog, or Po-Boy
From a street vendor? Depends on where:
-Here? Hotdogs or maybe chili-cheese fries
-Texas? Fajitas
-The UK? Can anything really beat fish & chips?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Pie, mash and liquor.

But how available is it now? I've not spent blocks of time in London since the 90's but it was not that popular in terms of outlets back then, same as jellied ells.

Talk of Paris how about the humble Croque Monsieur?

Croque_monsieur.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

You've very clearly not eaten a good corned beef pastie, done well they are superb.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I don't eat much street food but I struggle to leave a Venison burger in the stand.

I would also have trouble walking past a large filled Croissant with ham and cheese in it

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
@ dave-the-rave Good call once spent a drunken weekend at Barrossa Barracks near iserlohn. Still remember the hangover. Is your avatar the Gordon Highlanders cap badge ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE