Favourite Street Food? Please Answer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hagrid

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2013
North Devon
a farmers store we go to regularly does a roast lunch takeaway, lashings of pork, bacon and onions in a bap with loads and loads of roast potatoes(veg is optional)!!

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
THere's a company in Glasgow that do street food - but due to licensing difficulties now have to serve it out of pubs - if you ever get a chance to try Smoak's smoked brisket roll - do so!!!

A real good hotdog is another favourite.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
The thing for me at fairs is it has to be "walk and eat" food - not knife and fork.

Used to be a place sold brilliant bratwurst and knockwurst in Andover. Also like a good venison burger. Agree with Duncan on queues.

You just reminded me of the small German town I often visit on business; there is a place there that does a mean currywurst and chips for those post Altbier munchies....

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
If in the borders or north of, before midday, a full breakfast in a stottie, everything well done and snided in a decent brown sauce. The sort of meal that means you need to buy a new T-shirt ( or have a wife that carries a spare in the car ) after eating it. Otherwise a meaty pie with suet pastry, not flakey.

After midday, to be honest we slope off and find whatever chippy the locals use and have cod and chips with separate curry sauce. Usually no wait and normal prices not event ones.

I'm now drooling. And what do I have to eat, "healthy" bannock made with 3 parts oats, 1 part self raising flour, 1 part ground almonds, fake sugar, baking powder and warm milk with almond essence added.

Its not the same....

atb

Tom

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
At the market in Shrewsbury, I always slope of to the hog roast stall for a pork bap with gravy and a lovely bit of crackling on the side.

mob.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Donna kebab wrap or dinky doughnuts are my two soft spots.................having said that I'd probably eat everything mentioned on this thread so far!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Well thanks guys ( and I assume Gals ) for all the suggestions so far , I was attempting to see if one food stuff/type was more popular than another but so far diversity seems to be leading!

Please feel free to keep going.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Another post-beer snack I remembered (bit of a theme here..)

When I first visited Prague it wasn't long after the fall of the wall, so the Western brands hadn't got in, nor the street vendors pushed out. THE most divine creation was a kind of half baguette impaled on a spike, squirted with mustard and then filled with a hot dog.

EDqXDfGl.jpg

Lush!

No it wasn't me photographing my own snack in case you wondered.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Easily the best (probably worst!) end of "session" snack in Newcastle in the early 80's, was a couple of "Westlers" hot dogs from one of the filthy trollies that used to to be found scattered around the town.(possibly the inspiration for Terry Pratchett's; C.M.O.T. Dibbler)

Heaped with boiled onion and daubed with both ketchup and the unbelievably strong mustard, dispensed from the manky squeezy bottles.

I once tried a hot dog as above, before getting a belly full of beer one night and the mustard almost melted my eyes! I think that was the last time I partook of that particular delicacy.

Otherwise, various kebabs, depending on state of sobriety.

These days, I love "bait van" sausage, egg and bacon "stotties" ( large'ish, flat, bread bun-very ethnic if you're a proper Geordie) Not that I get the chance to scoff many mind you:rolleyes:

Ahhh, the "healthy option" every time:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: plastic-ninja

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Another post-beer snack I remembered (bit of a theme here..)

When I first visited Prague it wasn't long after the fall of the wall, so the Western brands hadn't got in, nor the street vendors pushed out. THE most divine creation was a kind of half baguette impaled on a spike, squirted with mustard and then filled with a hot dog.

EDqXDfGl.jpg

Lush!

No it wasn't me photographing my own snack in case you wondered.

THere's a franchise doing that now (there's one in Braehead, Glasgow), http://www.rollover-uk.com/

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
In the Morning I like a bacon and egg sarnie. for lunch provided I can find somewhere to sit I like a jacket potato with butter and cheese. I never one until I see a few that have been sold before though as I had small soggy jacket potatoes and think they are the ultimate disappointment. If I am walking home with a few beers on board it is just a bag of chips for me.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
Schasliks,currywurst or bratwurst with chips, frikadeles smothered in senf washed down with some herford pils. schnell imbis food lovely.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Spuds and sausages in various forms seem a common factor here plus a bit of something spicey.

I have a business plan

Richard's Banger Spud U'Like Curry Emporium

Got to be a winner.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Anything with rice or crepes

or proper baked spuds

At college we have pasta and sauce in a tub...does that count?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE