Fathers day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
As another bloke who has a difficult time with his kids and didnt even get a call I can only be happy for the rest of you and encourage you never to take the time with them for granted.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Socks, whisky, astronomy book, cup, flip flops and a KFC.....

Ace!!

i feel for you guys out of contact with your kids,...cant imagine it,...dont want to even try and imagine it to be honest

Stu

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As another bloke who has a difficult time with his kids and didnt even get a call I can only be happy for the rest of you and encourage you never to take the time with them for granted.

Sorry to hear that Mace and I fully agree with your comments... the love we have for our children never diminishes despite what happens :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sorry to hear that Mace and I fully agree with your comments... the love we have for our children never diminishes despite what happens :)

Ditto. I'd still give my right arm for them if they needed it. The redeeming thing about my situation is that they KNOW I love them and I know they feel the same way for me... despite the lack of cards or phonecalls or Facebook messages on special designated days of the year. :dunno:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bottle of Darroze Armagnac and four crystal cut glasses from daughter and a new pair of Crocs and bottle of Wild Turkey off the lad, I'm happy :)

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I was bought a 'lordship' title with the deeds to a small piece of land in the lake district which I thought was nice. Also got a small teddy for my desk at work.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I got a phone call from my eldest 3 girls wanting to take me out , but i felt too unwell , a txt from Australia from eldest boy and Katie my youngest came round with a nice card 2 big bottles of bud and some millionaires shortbread , so apart from feeling crap , quite happy .

Good to hear buddy.

I got a card and an empty tin about the size a a tobacco tin. I was confused until my 9 year old confessed she was fed up of me pinching any small tins she had in her bedroom.
I also got a full 30 mins cuddle from both my girls in bed this morning so I'm happy with that.
They did get some grumpy comments later about giving me a shop bought card and not making one themselves though.

Rest assured though, come mothers day there will be flowers, a pressie from each child, full breakfast in bed and a day off doing any household chores. Their school even helps each child make a craft gift for mum, but what do they do for fathers day? Diddly squat! Sexism!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im glad most of you are happy. I asked my dad what he wanted and got grunted at. I offered to take him out and was told he was too busy doing chapel stuff.

Fathers day is very important to me; My mother died many years ago when I was a teen, so no mothers days for me.

I think he is grumpy because he was not selected for `Pride of the Village` (He came second, as usual; though a few years back he did win.)

For a person who certainly does a lot of good in the world he can be a stingy old grouch.

JamieA

Need to contact Admin...
May 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales
Well i got a 'daddy's my hero' pint glass off my son and daughter, 15m of amsteel, a pair of tree huggers and 2 dd skins to complete my tarp setup from them for my 30th birthday which was also today. Mrs got me an ipad 3 but the verdict still out on that one due to my deep hatred for apple. We had booked a meal for us all and my parents in local brass but then my daughter decided to throw up all over herself and my car so instead of a nice juicey rib eye it was cleaning my daughter up and chip shop tea at home. But doesn't matter as all the family were there and my daughter feels much better now. Funny how things turn out though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The actual present came early. I posted this past week on the "what did you buy today" thread about the Real deal Brazil hat that they bought me. I say "they" because I don't know if it was my daughter's or her fiance's idea (she finally found a good one) For today they invited me (and the fiance's parents) to a cook-out and swim at a local State Park.

I've posted about her a few times before so I guess an explanation is in order. She's not really my daughter. I dated her mother shortly and we remained close friends for decades (still are) and I helped raise Nikole. She and I have always thought of each other as father and daughter and I'm the Godfather of both her sons.

I consider myself very fortunate and will always refer to her as my daughter for obvious reasons.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
I got a couple of O.S. Explorer Maps OL26 and OL27 North Yorkshire moors , As i'm off walking up there next weekend

I got some walking poles as I'm going to the moors in August ...and I already have the maps. Let me know what routes you take.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Was working yesterday and when I got out of the shower in the morning No 1 daughter was tucked up in my side of the bed beaming.. She said happy fathers day and gave me a card and a bottle of 12yr old Glenlivet!!
Have to have a word with the local shops though... She's not even 3 yet and her mum swears she had nothing to do with it!

KP

Mafro

Settler
Jan 20, 2010
Kent
www.selfemadeknives.co.uk
This was my first fathers day, and it was a good one.

I was bought a bottle of Ardbeg (my favourite) and three small taster drams of whiskey, but best of all was this

380296_10151041096411323_9351228_n.jpg

525821_10151041097341323_1506989743_n.jpg

581156_10151041097926323_1992027842_n.jpg

Made me a very happy daddy :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE