Farmer accidently shoots burglars....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Durluz, it was the term sat it out i objected to, i my mind i was'nt thinking of High command tactic's,more the fact that men fought and died till the end of hostiliy's i dont care what the big wig's do in wars,( i apreciate we are now talking about differnt issue's but in your original post you made no such refferance) The British frontline Soldier, Sailor or Airman,certainly didnt sit it out.

I can also think of numerous post 43 British led/thought operations.

Have read post below so added this to say we where at crosswire's.

Last edited:

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Durluz, it was the term sat it out i objected to, i my mind i was'nt thinking of High command tactic's,more the fact that men fought and died till the end of hostiliy's i dont care what the big wig's do in wars,( i apreciate we are now talking about differnt issue's but in your original post you made no such refferance) The British frontline Soldier, Sailor or Airman,certainly didnt sit it out.

Oh, I see the confusion. My apologies - I probably didn't make myself clear when I first said 'sit it out'. I wasn't refering to the individual servicemen, who worked as hard as they'd ever been asked to.
I was refering to the wider Biritsh strategy. As you rightly say, the frontline personnel (of ALL nations) still did the hard work.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
all i can is having lost friends in Afghanistan and Iraq was is s***...... but all the forces will do there bit and give all they can, if it was years gone by or years to come, people will keep giving untill no more can be given includeing the ultimate sacrifce........

i thank all forces for the work they did during any previous war, alive and dead.......

and yes i know i signed on the dotted line, and if it came to it yes, i would give my life........... its just what i believe..........

anyway, rant over........lol.....

Happy xmas to all, enjoy and be safe while you do it.......

regards.

chris......................................

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I think that all of these arguments boil down to two things.

1, We no longer trust the police to turn up on time or in force enough to deal with the issue in the first place. Probably due to lack of funding and lack of respect they now have due to various factors.
2, If they do manage to turn up in time and manage to get the numties to court, the courts will do nothing as there are no prison spaces left. Probably due to the current rising costs of keeping an inmate in the luxaries they are acustomed on the outside.

More police on the ground, harsher sentences for repeat offenders, = higher taxes which no party wants a part off..

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Dwardo, your point num2 was highlighted today with news that prisoner's get better fed/looked after at Christmas than old people who rely on meal on wheels,and the food they provide.

I like your joke at the end about Government party's not wanting to tax us more, its good we can laugh this time of year.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Says it all that about todays society just let them do what they want, take any thing they want !

Good job there were brave men and women in world war 1 and 2 that stood up to the same kind of people otherwise you and me would not be free to talk like this now !

That is a bit harsh, you are suggesting that anyone fighting on the other side in either of the two world wars can be compared to the neds breaking into some pensioners house.

That aside I think you have misunderstood, turning the lights on and shouting that you have called the police should be enough to encourage most burglars to leg it empty handed. Going out of your way to tackle them may result in you being injured, or anger them enough to want to come back with reinforcements at a future point, why take that risk? Of course if they decide to attack you rather than run then that is a different situation altogether.

:)

Last edited:

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Oh - thats assuming they dont get caught by the railway crossing.

The will even hold ambulances with blues and twos there while the trains are stationary with people disembarking.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I did complain about that once, and was told in so many words... So what? No one died!

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I think that the police should reinstate the farmers shotgun licences..

On the condition that he puts up warning signs.

"Beware!
Idiot with gun
Two burglars shot by accident already"

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Not sure I completely understand or condone the reasons why we keep going to war, but total respect for all those who have fought for us and for their loved ones who lived through it.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That is a bit harsh, you are suggesting that anyone fighting on the other side in either of the two world wars can be compared to the neds breaking into some pensioners house.

That aside I think you have misunderstood, turning the lights on and shouting that you have called the police should be enough to encourage most burglars to leg it empty handed. Going out of your way to tackle them may result in you being injured, or anger them enough to want to come back with reinforcements at a future point, why take that risk? Of course if they decide to attack you rather than run then that is a different situation altogether.

:)

That's the key I think. Here in the US self defense is usually recognized as a right. That said, most states also impose a "duty to retreat" before exersizing that right. In plain language that means if you can avoid being robbed/mugged/assaulted/whatever by going in your house and locking the door then that's what you should do. Shooting someone breaking into your house with intent to do you harm is vastly different from shooting someone breaking into your shed to steal whatever might be stored there.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Not long after I last wrote, there were two more pensioners robbed, then it stopped.

The grape vine down there doesnt know why, so I guess that whoever was doing it has either overdosed, got imprisoned for something else, or got er.....encouraged to stop it.

No Idea whats happened, but Im very glad its stopped.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE