Farmer accidently shoots burglars....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
60metres from his door was a cannabis farm he 'didn't know about'............colour me disbelieving, and him disabled too :rolleyes:

Toddy

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
60metres from his door was a cannabis farm he 'didn't know about'............colour me disbelieving, and him disabled too :rolleyes:

Toddy

To be fair Toddy, I used to have a neighbour that had huge greenhouses full of the things, I really had no idea, but they really did pong.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Theres a huge range of sheds between me and the sea. Illuminated at night, completely shuttered, fans running all the time, they stink too. I assume they are battery chickens (grain silos etc.), but they could be raising Triffids for all I know

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Theres a huge range of sheds between me and the sea. Illuminated at night, completely shuttered, fans running all the time, they stink too. I assume they are battery chickens (grain silos etc.), but they could be raising Triffids for all I know

Red

You might wanna check that, Triffids would be a bugger if they got out.

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Im struggling a bit with the Idea of just wandering out and blasting 3 shots at something he couldnt see...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Im struggling a bit with the Idea of just wandering out and blasting 3 shots at something he couldnt see...

Well, when you see a fox and it disappears and you see movement in that general direction, a mobility scooter might rule out a stealthy advance to check it out :lmao:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hey Red , if they are triffids you can get some good oil out of them !:240:

they might be trying something illegal like evading fuel duty.:nono:

Craig..................

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk

Toddy

Hmm and cannabis known to be very helpful for relieving symptoms of MS too not that there would be any connection with his shed being full of the stuff, he had rented it out to someone else of course.
"Mr Tibbs, who suffers multiple sclerosis and neuralgia, said the "horrendous" three-month Essex Police investigation "devastated" his family and business."
"It was pitch black. Black as your hat. There are no lights here at all. I came out of lights, the house, and saw the fox"
Sure he did what other excuse could you have for firing a shotgun 60 yards into pitch black? He shot his shotgun 3 times (that takes a while it means he reloaded) into the dark. No fox would have stayed there whilst he reloaded.

If I was looking for a good lawyer I would be looking to see who represented him.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Talking about shooting people....

Im still struggling to get my head round the Royal Protection Unit not shooting the snarling one on the end of the stick that was being stabbed into our Heir to the Thrones Wife....

forestwalker

"It was pitch black. Black as your hat. There are no lights here at all. I came out of lights, the house, and saw the fox"
Sure he did what other excuse could you have for firing a shotgun 60 yards into pitch black? He shot his shotgun 3 times (that takes a while it means he reloaded) into the dark. No fox would have stayed there whilst he reloaded.

To be fair to the idiot; he could have had a pump or semi-auto. Still stupid and unsafe use of a shotgun.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
V. true forest walker. Mine holds eight and can be emptied in about 3 seconds. I agree theres something not quite right about the story generally, but I'm really not that bothered about what happens to burglars tbh.

I do think that second guessing the police because of a man's illness is unhelpful. I'm sure the police would have investigated any connections with the Landowner - they aren't stupid.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What if it hadn't been burglars ?
What if it had been kids out wandering ?
What if it 'd been someone lost looking for help?
What if it'd been police coming to give him news ?
What if it had been the folks he apparantly hired out the building to ?

or do people always shoot first and ask questions afterwards, down there ? Very odd.
Reckless.

Apparantly the police did investigate him, and they took away his shotgun licences. Seems they're of the opinion that he's not safe with shotguns anymore.

Toddy

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Seems he didn't commit a crime either, lets not get too strung out about criminal bottom feeders huh?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE