Fab fathers day pressie!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I got a card decorated by my two wee girls and a bottle of Singleton 12 year old malt- picked by the 3yr old (she liked the colour of the box!)

Pity I spent most o the day in bed - sent home from work sick :(

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well my day yesterday wasn't a total wash out after all. The brief Skype message from my youngest daughter (She's 19) in the morning was repeated several times during the day off and on in 30minute sessions. She's in Scotland by the way I'm in Normandy France. So meeting face to face is difficult. She said she'd seen a card and would have sent me one but the wording on it made it read like I was dead. It said something like "I miss you so much and wish you were here with me." So I can understand her sentiments for not sending that.

Anyway I had a better day than I had this time last year.

Sorry you had no change this year from last, Mesquite but that knife looks like a good example of consolation and indulgence to me. :You_Rock_

Dave53. Yep, planning on being at The Moot. I just need to get dates sorted out and ferry tickets and BCUK payments sent. It's all got to coincide with some major events happening in my life right now. Not saying it won't happen but the planetary alignment if looking good for it happening as per my cunning plan.

PS: My offer still stands for anyone wanting an ecopy (Kindle or epub) of that book Chris the Cat got in posting no.1. g4ghb PM'ed me his email address and I emailed him a copy of it, so don't be shy, ask away.

Tata

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hey Biker, wasn't going to post but! A double result if you like? Not even a text from my 3 grown up daughters(they all live within a 10 mile journey! Nothing from my grown up boys, they both live in Australia (i have to go on Facebook, to know what any of them are doing)

Then out of the blue, a phone call from my baby, 13 year old Katie, and she took me (well i drove!) To The Dartmoor Halfway Inn, for sunday lunch(she wanted to pay, i didn't let her) A lovely card, a Shaun the sheep oven glove(as my old one is knackered) And a small decorated tin for waterproof matches etc.

So a mixed emotions day.

Ivan...

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Well I got spoilt again!!

I got Collins gem books, 1 on trees the other food for free.

Pair of shorts, 2 t shirts, socks, chocolate orange and a voucher to go to the cinema.

4 hand made cards which I love very much but my favourite thing is they baked me a Father's Day cake!! It's amazing!!

Spent most of the day at a footy tournament with the oldest daughter and then had a lovely roast lamb tea at my mums!!

All in all a wonderful day!!

To you guys that didn't hear from your kids, I feel your pain, except its my dad who doesn't bother with me or my children. He lives less than a mike away, but doesn't bother with myself and his beautiful grand daughters.

He does however manage to drive 100 miles regularly to visit my brother!!

This year is the first time I have not bought him a Father's Day card, and hurt me a lot, but it had to be done!!

Any how happy Father's Day guys!!

Atb
Steve

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I need a 75yr old + to be sufficiently old enough for me to adopt as a bush dad :D I'll wheelbarrow you round the woods, massage your feet n shoulders and cause more stress than I'm worth, tis traditional ;)

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I had a lie in then bacon bagels , a big plate of home made smarties cookies , a huge home made orange chocolate cheese cake , two big toblerones , 3 cards , A best dad in the world large mug , man of steel energy drink , Beef roast .
And my wife also thought of & invited and spoiled my best friend who doesn't get to see his son while it's going through the courts with his spitefull cheating ex.
So top trumps for me .
Best fathers day so far .

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I had a lie in then bacon bagels , a big plate of home made smarties cookies , a huge home made orange chocolate cheese cake , two big toblerones , 3 cards , A best dad in the world large mug , man of steel energy drink , Beef roast .
And my wife also thought of & invited and spoiled my best friend who doesn't get to see his son while it's going through the courts with his spitefull cheating ex.
So top trumps for me .
Best fathers day so far .

That is awesome!!!

Very kind indeed!!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I bought myself a Rab Generator jacket, gave it to the wife who gave it to the kids who gave it to me as a fathers day pressie, oh and two bars of chocolate, cards,and lay in till 11am,then a couple of beers in the afternoon.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Bought myself a Hilleberg Nammatj 3 GT, got my dad's car back from the garage after his minor prang, and took my kids out to dinner. All on my tab, but daughter did make me and her grand father a very nice cake....:)

Biker

And don't forget Biker that you gained a Bushcraft son!

Not sure if I should hide behind the sofa or welcome you with open arms. How are you on shoulder rubs? :naughty:

Happy for you dad type cats!
Thanks for posting, I love being a dad!!

Best.

C.

Me too Chris! Fine sentiments indeed!

Hey Jacko1066, sorry about that mate, can't be easy having a Dad like that. Hope it works out someday, don't give up though.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Not sure if I should hide behind the sofa or welcome you with open arms. How are you on shoulder rubs? :naughty:

You'd swear I'd worked in an Istanbul bath house...

(That didn't come out right when talking to a chap called Biker
blueoyster.gif
, Oh well go with it
ymca.gif
he asked first...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE