Fab fathers day pressie!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm doing that 'regretting I'm a woman' thing again, hearing you all suggesting adopting an auld BushDad.... it just wouldn't happen for me and if it DID, I'd probably be offended ;)

I have a BushSon though and am his BushMom, tis a verrrry nice thing and you can't be held crimiinally responsible for those well intentioned bad parent moments.... ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
So if I adopt Aaron as my Dad does that mean that Bushcraft Betty would be my stepmom? And what did happen at bandcamp...?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ok so Aaron is my new Dad, Betty is my made up Step Sister, I still don't know what happened at Band Camp but if it involves Alyson Hannigan I want to hear about it. And Turbogirl thinks it's a bit weird/GOT's. Confused you wont be after this weeks episode of SOAP...

[video=youtube;0BHQT3Omqtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHQT3Omqtw[/video]

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Some short bread, chocolate and 3 real ales and a card from my little two year old boy. I wasn't allowed to open the card my self and he then proceeded to eat all the shortbread and chocolate all by him self!

Ah well atleast I have the ale.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
happy fathers day Aaron im glad your daughter rung, i was surprised today as i haven't spoken to my boy in a month he rings me when he wants money normally, but today he presented me with a bottle of jack daniels, not being critical but a card would have been enough as he rarely has money and to be honest at my age 59 theres not a lot i need. had a card from the little daughter and the big daughter gave a card and sweets and a ticket for ray mears talk in cardiff bay in october so well chuffed regards dave
ps you coming to the moot ?

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
A night in the woods with my son. He cooked a lovely beef and ale stew and we supped a few beers. Just got back. Better than a pressie IMHO.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nothing as yet (it's still early here) But my daughter and future SIL are planning a family BBQ to celebrate for later today.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I Got some new boot laces , socks and a couple of P51 can opener clones off the Kids. Now i'm off to sit in the Garden in front of the Fire with a few tinnies, Until it gets very dark:cool:

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
No lie in for me, up at 6 to bottle feed my 5yo sons goat kid, to be fair he normally does the feed but was still asleep after a 3mile bike ride last night!.

Not a massive prise fund for me, a pound of toffee and 2 pairs of socks!!

Got back from another 3miler on the bikes and the dogs have eaten the toffees! At least they are happy! Had a great afternoon on the beach though, the warm sea was swarming with jellyfish.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Hand made card and a bottle of Jack Daniels :), I will have to have words with the coop though as he is only 2

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Initially I told the kids not to get me anything since money is kind of tight. They moaned about it all Saturday. So today we swung to the other extreme. I told them what I really wanted, and then we hunted down the nearest shop that was open on a Sunday which had it in stock. This happened to be in Aberdeen! So we went for a family day out to buy my present, and stopped at Dunnottar Castle on the way home.

The children seemed to have had a marvellous time.

Oh and the thing I wanted was a Trangia Mini - I'm well pleased with it. I wanted a stove small enough to fit inside the Maxpedition Jumbo I'm hoping to mooch as a Birthday present this year. ;) Thinking ahead :cool:

My only other lightweight stove is one I made myself, which is great, but it basically involves cooking over an out of control gasoline fire with no way to put it out :eek:. Nearly set the woods alight the last time I used it, so I got to thinking maybe storebought is the way to go with Meths stoves ;)

If you include that rather mad forest fire inducing one, I'm up to 7 stoves by my count. How many does one man need?

Last edited:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Got one of these as I'm starting to feel the cold:

My daughter made me two cards, my son learned to ride without stabilisers and both my kids got slightly larger than 1 inch groups at 70 yards.

Happy days.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Nice bit of Patagucci there.

I did pretty well this year too, a bottle of Isle of Jura, a Wilds Woodgas Stove ( the original version with the fixed supports, although to be honest that was more of a gift to myself ) and The Joy of Sheds Book.

My wife also booked me and our boys an archery session, as I bought a compound bow 4 years ago and I've never used it. Unfortunately, as soon as I nocked an arrow I realised that I'd bought a left handed bow. D'oh.

I've been mocked mercilessly ever since.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Not so much as a present per se but I went out with my daughter and mrs to the permission this morning and spent a few hours cutting and whittling a basic catapult frame. Best gift really as I got to spend it with my daughter and the mrs and be out and about. I also got a car and some socks

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
This is the first year my daughter has earned her own money, and I haven't had to pay for my own pressie. I got a large box of jelly babys, and she took me to see man of steel. Just got back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE