Expensive knife rant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
Wow, I think that's more expensive then the whole of my bushcrafting kit put together, though I would not like to add it all up with the Mrs looking over my shoulder.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yup, certainly is expensive.
But you have a look at the RM knives - it'll make your ringpiece bleed.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Personally, I'd rather have one of the makers on here make me one - it would be better quality, and cheaper!

I'm fortunate enough to have a Stu Mitchell bushy, a Singeblister necker and a Bernie G mini whittler on the way! All superb, all hand made and I have had the priviledge of meeting 2 of the makers in person so know what they put into each knife they make!

Simon

Simon

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Personally, I'd rather have one of the makers on here make me one - it would be better quality, and cheaper!

I'm fortunate enough to have a Stu Mitchell bushy, a Singeblister necker and a Bernie G mini whittler on the way! All superb, all hand made and I have had the priviledge of meeting 2 of the makers in person so know what they put into each knife they make!

Simon

Simon

Here here!
I'm still building up the funds (courage?) to have someone make me a damascus blade.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, it's expensive for a knife. A Porsche is expensive for a car. Nobody's making you buy one.

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
Good grief, that price is high! I paid $300USD for mine almost 2 years ago.

The laminated 3G steel on these knife blades is absolutely superb (on par with japanese San Mai blade steel performance from what I've been told). They are probably some of the best production pieces available. My TK1 knife is a tremendous bushcraft knife that is quite capable of taking the rough and tumble of bushcraft wear and tear without a wimper, and is easily comparable to my Fehrman Peace Maker in CPM 3V. Should be interesting to compare it to the 3V Skookum Bush Tools I have coming in the next few weeks.

It is really unfortunate that prices have gone up as much as they have. If you can get them at their pre-escalated prices, please consider it, they are terrific knives.

Be safe.

NJ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE