Hot Flushes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
That time of life.

Actually I am pretty robust but am now sweaty and robust

And hot.

Last night I was in my unheated bedroom, window open.

And was so hot I was naked on top of the bed.

I can understand hot flushes but this sudden immunity to cold? Are the two connected?

I will admit I am normally not at all bothered by the cold...this seems oddly excessive.

(The rest of my health is just fine)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Well, yes. If you’re overheating and radiating heat out it makes sense that you won’t feel the cold as much.

As to further menopause advice, probably best to speak to a medical professional though there are some great resources out there.

Reactions: Pattree and nigelp

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hot flushes.

I'd have a word with your plumber to be honest.

Sounds like he has the toilet plumbed up to the Hot feed as opposed to the Cold.

#Stinky.

• Sad
Reactions: nigelp

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sensible answer

As soon as one hormones and chemicals are going through varying periods of change away from homeostasis the body is going to be doing all weird and wonderful things.

HRT is a thing for a reason for Men and Women.

Reactions: Pattree

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Make an appointment with your GP. There's a fair bit of help available.

I would point out too that miserable though it maybe just now, it doesn't last forever.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Tengu,
We are all friends here, but you over-shared a little too much info there. I am going to need a gallon of brain-bleach to get that image of you in bed out of my head.

Yeah, see if you can talk to your GP. Hope they can give you good advice.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hot flushes are to be taken seriously: They are one of the signs of severe liver disease which is easily dealt with if caught as early as possible, but life-changing if left too long.
Ask me how I know..................

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Hot Chick​

Ma man sez
Yer … HOT.
Ah sez
Mmmm
In his ear.
He sez
Naw
Yer HOAT.
Ah mean sizzlin hen
could fry an egg
oan yer back.
Whit’s wrang
Ur ye no weel?
It’s no verra comfy
fur me.
Yer lik a toasty
hoat watter bottle
a the time.
Iz this whit thon
Germaine Greer
cries The Change?
Ur you huvven
a hoat flush?

Naw ah sez.
Ah’m huvven
a Power Surge.
An you can sleep
oan the flair.

Sheila Templeton

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, a lot of folk have said its a bitty hot.

(Dont worry, C Claycomb; I will put my clothes on when I get up).

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I treated my "time of life" herbally.
Black cohosh is a fairly standard thing, along with evening primrose oil. St John's wort helped with mood swings.
Other things that helped, Korean ginseng, flaxseed, soy and vitamin b12.
Plenty of fresh foods, and herbal tea.
Never needed any hrt, even though the doctor recommended it. It's a hassle now and then, but if you look after yourself well, you can keep it to the minimum. It's a natural part of life for women, but don't get me started on the men now trying to muscle in on paid leave for male menopause!
Can't we have anything for ourselves????

Reactions: tintock and nigelp

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Enzymatically converting acetaldehyde to slightly less toxic substances is known to produce the described condition. The easy cure for that is to consume slightly less ethanol the night before, the second cure is GlyNAC.

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
That time of life.

Actually I am pretty robust but am now sweaty and robust

And hot.

Last night I was in my unheated bedroom, window open.

And was so hot I was naked on top of the bed.

I can understand hot flushes but this sudden immunity to cold? Are the two connected?

I will admit I am normally not at all bothered by the cold...this seems oddly excessive.

(The rest of my health is just fine)

Yeah, been there, through to the other side now.

The hot flushes never totally go away although they become rare, you learn to sleep with the window open in all but the coldest weather, and I highly recommend installing a ceiling fan with a remote control. But look on the bright side, you need so much less bedding when you're out and about camping! Post-menopause, I just run hotter these days, and yes it did seem excessive initially. I decided NOT to go the HRT route, and glad I didn't- but everyone is different.

The things they don't tell you about (that I found out the hard way and discovered it was "normal.")
- Don't be surprised if your digestion changes- I became lactose intolerant which is apparently not unusual.
- Any allergies which changed at puberty tend to change again.
- I became allergic to aluminium in anti-perspirant, although on the plus side, I don't get as smelly-sweaty so don't actually need it.
- Hair can thin a bit. It's a bit worrying initially but it does settle down.

Personally I found menopause liberating, but again everyone is different.

GreyCat.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yeah, been there, through to the other side now.

The hot flushes never totally go away although they become rare, you learn to sleep with the window open in all but the coldest weather, and I highly recommend installing a ceiling fan with a remote control. But look on the bright side, you need so much less bedding when you're out and about camping! Post-menopause, I just run hotter these days, and yes it did seem excessive initially. I decided NOT to go the HRT route, and glad I didn't- but everyone is different.

The things they don't tell you about (that I found out the hard way and discovered it was "normal.")
- Don't be surprised if your digestion changes- I became lactose intolerant which is apparently not unusual.
- Any allergies which changed at puberty tend to change again.
- I became allergic to aluminium in anti-perspirant, although on the plus side, I don't get as smelly-sweaty so don't actually need it.
- Hair can thin a bit. It's a bit worrying initially but it does settle down.

Personally I found menopause liberating, but again everyone is different.

GreyCat.

Oh I suffered with suddenly being unable to tolerate gluten. It's the pits! But yes, it's so liberating, and you save a fortune on sanitary products that can be spent on nice treats!
You have to find the positive somewhere.
Also, you are officially an elder. (But not an oap! :) )

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Yes, a lot of folk have said its a bitty hot.

(Dont worry, C Claycomb; I will put my clothes on when I get up).
There are a few natural herbs the help in perimenopause and menopause, but! Find out if it is a natural female hormonal response first, not an infection, residual viral infection etc, etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE