End Of Britain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My biggest fear is the Port and Cognac running out...can you imagine a world void of Port and Cognac. If that day came it would be time to take the service revolver out of the draw and call it a day.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Funny that nobody seems to be mentioning local electricity generating. The panels on our roof would allow us to move into a DC powered lifestyle quite easily. Lower levels of electricity consumption of course and batteries needed along with duplicate minimum number of appliances. And, unlike your food and ammunition the system would be difficult to steal.

It baffles me why panels or photo-voltaic tiles are not a requirement for all possible new builds.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My biggest fear is the Port and Cognac running out...can you imagine a world void of Port and Cognac. If that day came it would be time to take the service revolver out of the draw and call it a day.

You should try my Elderberry Port Richard, a little lighter than normal port, but very acceptable. Cognac could be tricky but a Calvados would be easy enough given some time and lack of the "revenoooers". Endeavour to persevere old boy. :D

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
One must keep a stuff upper lip in front of the hoards.

I'd trade for Calvados and Elderberry Port and I like my own Sloe Gin.

Somehow I will muddle through.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've several plans for a still, not that I'd contemplate building one but...... in hard times and the Port and Cognac gone, down to ones last couple of bottles of Armagnac and the 'survival instinct' could make any of us do things we'd not dream of doing in normal times. I suppose I could get the sond a merch out on fruit and berry picking duties whilst the memshaib I held the fort so to speak.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've several plans for a still, not that I'd contemplate building one but...... in hard times and the Port and Cognac gone, down to ones last couple of bottles of Armagnac and the 'survival instinct' could make any of us do things we'd not dream of doing in normal times. I suppose I could get the sond a merch out on fruit and berry picking duties whilst the memshaib I held the fort so to speak.

Yes Rik, with the end of society I may even be tempted to liberate some barrels of whisky from the distilleries bond in my village. Purely to use for medical purposes of course, you know patching up and cleaning wounds and as a backwoods anaesthetic. Never would I draw any joy from this but one has to set ones tie and chin and go forward.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Funny that nobody seems to be mentioning local electricity generating. The panels on our roof would allow us to move into a DC powered lifestyle quite easily. Lower levels of electricity consumption of course and batteries needed along with duplicate minimum number of appliances. And, unlike your food and ammunition the system would be difficult to steal.

It baffles me why panels or photo-voltaic tiles are not a requirement for all possible new builds.

If you have the ammo it's not difficult at al to steal a house. It's been done for centuries.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

How many panels do I need for my 50" main TV, the other five 36" - 42" around the house, fridge, freezer(s), HD projector, PC network, washer, tumble drier, ham radio rig et al and the only way I'm giving any of them up is when they are ripped from my cold dead hands.

Yes Rik, with the end of society I may even be tempted to liberate some barrels of whisky from the distilleries bond in my village. Purely to use for medical purposes of course, you know patching up and cleaning wounds and as a backwoods anaesthetic. Never would I draw any joy from this but one has to set ones tie and chin and go forward.

This is all I have near me, about three miles away
http://www.welsh-whisky.co.uk/The-Distillery/Visitor-Centre.aspx?gclid=CNKO-LKesrgCFeXItAodQkEAfg to be honest I find it a tad harsh.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
How very dare you TL, Katherine is top totty

[video=youtube;BR7EaHbPe54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7EaHbPe54[/video]

I'd not send her out foraging ;)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
She has a nice voice but no hwyl.....like a porcelain doll. I reckon you'd be foraging all day to keep her in the manner she would expect.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE