Ebola confirmed in Glasgow, via Heathrow, Casablanca and Sierra leone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Sorta getting off the topic here folks! (ps - an AR-15 is, as stated above, NOT an assault rifle, but always trotted out by those that don't have the foggiest - or even worse, by those that do but want to make a point! Similarly, an AK was one of the weapons used in Hungerford to kill 17 people - that, similarly, had been restricted to single-shot per trigger-pull, but was repeatedly referred to as an assault rifle.)

Anyways, mandatory detention for someone refusing to accept quarantine when a carrier? I sincerely hope so - safety of its citizens is any government's primary responsibility.

Wasn't Typhoid Mary locked away in the USA after being proved to be a carrier? Ah - Wiki to the rescue. (and lets hope Ebola doesn't become airborne, or asymptomatic carriers appear...............)

Mary Mallon (September 23, 1869 – November 11, 1938), better known as Typhoid Mary, was the first person in the United States identified as an asymptomatic carrier of the pathogen associated with typhoid fever. She was presumed to have infected 53 people, three of whom died, over the course of her career as a cook.[SUP][1][/SUP] She was twice forcibly isolated by public health authorities and died after a total of nearly three decades in isolation.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Mountainm your missunderstanding me or miss qouting i will explain again, it can take up to 3 weeks for the symptoms that are contagious to appear ? Yet a few hrs after flying home the person in question complains of symptoms? Just seems bit odd to me that they only became contagious few hrs after leaving plane airport etc, what im saying is we are probably told that to aviod panic, whatever the truth they have put other people at risk which i find unacceptable and selfish.That is why i think enforced quarantine be brought in. Personnely as ive said before i dont think people should be allowed to fly in or out of infected countries.Any risk to people over hear however small is unacceptable if you want to go over and help people why wouldnt you be of the mind set of not putting your own population at risk eg,quarantine.,and how do you know what procedure they followed to get to hospital? I personnelly wouldnt believe the line being told its to stop panic.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Redandshane who are these trolls? People concerned about themselves and there familes getting ill from a virus that doesnt exist here unless someone brings it to our shores?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Crosslandkelly your pic wouldnt ease my mind if id been on the plane with the person and they had used the toilet then id have used it after them, id be worried to death.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
That does seem counter-intuitive doesn't it? Maybe because they expect the largest outbreaks to be in those areas? (that's a genuine question, no sarcasm intended)

Yeah, the thought was largely sparked by the movie World War Z, where they come to Cardiff (after oddly crashing in Blaenau Ffestiniog, 150 miles away) because it supposedly had a WHO research center.
And after a little research on line, shows in fact there is WHO centre dealing with radiation, chemical & environmental hazards in the city.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Crosslandkelly your pic wouldnt ease my mind if id been on the plane with the person and they had used the toilet then id have used it after them, id be worried to death.

Do you handle blood, vomit, urine and feces on planes, do you stand on the toilet seat in public toilets to prevent STD's.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No it isnt. But it may as well be. It was designed for killing large amounts of people.

The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a small arms rifle for the United States armed forces.

Not for hunting. Self defence? From what? An armed invasion?

Actually, yes, it's become quite popular as a hunting weapon. And yes, repelling an armed invasion is also part of it's popularity.

By whom?......

By two different county judges each acting on the advise of their respective states' surgeon general IIRC. In theory those orders would have been enforceable by finding her in contempt of court but the judges didn't have the balls.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
However, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon stressed that the case was being treated as "low probability". The patient is believed to have returned to Scotland form West Africa a few months ago.

Sounds like it's just a precaution.

And precautions put in place by the authorities is all I'm advocating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE