East Anglia Group! - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jem seeley said:
Just started coppicing in some local woods. I might be able to get a site for a 'moot' but am going to need a bit of time to establish a really good relationship with the landowners.I think they might be up for it though. Unfortunately this won't all happen for the 12/13th. Keep you all posted.
In the meantime any one interested in going to Bradfield Woods near Bury St. Edmunds this Sunday ( 6th Feb ) I belong to a small group of green-woodworkers who meet once a month here.We,generally,exchange skills,chat & drink copious amounts of tea.If you fancy carving a few spoons,having a go on a pole-lathe,or what have you PM me & I"ll give you more info.They're a friendly bunch who are Bushcraft sympathetic!!
Thanks for a great afternoon. Really enjoyed it and it was nice to meet you! Hope we might see you next week? Will post a pic of my spoon once it's finished.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
I'll be able to make it on the 12th but have just found out that I've got to work on the 13th in the afternoon because the morris dancers have changed the time they want to practice unless I can get someone to open up for me.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
R-bowskill,
come when you can mate.
we'll be happy to see you!

Fenlander, any news about the conveniences? or un-conveniences?

could we have a quick hands up for all those definately comming?
just so we know how many we are expecting.

i'm really excited now, just can't decide:

Hennassey or basha?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
no probs, i'll bring my extras too that might interest you.
i have the current MOD DPM shelter. there are several ways i have erected it which i can show you.

i have another friend that is interested joining us but is unavailable this time, he has never "survived" (as he calls it) before!
i think using a fire to cook on will be a suprise to him!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Yup anyone that's interested, he may be able to teach us a thing or two about camping!

that goes for anyone, if you have friends that are interested in bushcraft, bring them along!

obviously use descretion, but anything goes!

Facilities SHOULD be ready for Saturday....but may not :?: Either way they've agreed we can stay :rolmao: So I look forward to meeting you all there! :wave: If I have any updates later in the week, I will post them.

Please remember your £2's as site warden will collect them on Saturday. :biggthump

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
couple of things to remember:

cameras: it would be great to get the meetup in the BCUK gallery! :nana:

food: the nearest shop is a few miles away! :yikes:

badges and signs: so we know who is who!

Have fun!: everyone is coming because they want to, it dosen't matter if you were born a bushcrafter or have just discovered it, nor does it matter if you don't have the best gear, we are all in the same boat, we are all here to learn form each other and pass it on!

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
What they've got seats there????

I've managed to get someone to cover opening up for me on sunday so will be able to stay a bit longer and will probably be coming with a friend Tessa who's done some bushcraft and stuff.

Looking forward to it, being able to put faces to one or two more names will be good but the frost this morning means I might not be taking a dip in the river.

Should be able to get in some tracking practice with all the deer there are around there just on the way to the site.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
well seats, of a natrual sort of fallen tree, sort of way, i guess?

i haven't actually been there myself, so for all we know they could have a sofa! with TV and kitchenette. :rolmao:

i seem to remember a scout friend camping there once on a "Backwoods" course and loved it, some scouts had made a shelter in a ditch you could walk over.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I am going a little lighter weight than i first thought due to the 5 mile walk, but i am going to bring as much interesting stuff as i can.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
cool looking forward to it,
loads of people going now! i might be able to persuede another friend of mine this evening, if i can he's spent time camping in the south african bush so he could teach us a thing or two!
(that's if he's free!)
bah....he wasn't there!

has anyone a parachute we can use as a meeting area/rain cover, they can bring along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE