East Anglia Group! - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
A friend of mine has a small wood in Hollesley which i know is out of the way for most people. But i'm sure he would be sympathetic. I would feel responsible and wouldn't want "unknown "people to go unless i was in attendance, but i can't make it this time. Perhaps for future or perhaps to far out of the way.

Hi

Have sorted a venue for 12/13th in Thetford Forest (near Santon Downham). We can use tents and hammocks, have a camp fire and a toilet block is available! It will cost £2 per person for the whole weekend :lol: (hope that's not too expensive?) I will send the details to Richard for circulation to those interested!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
This is probably a good time to say if anyone we don't know that has been viewing this thread and is interested in joining us, should make themselves known pretty quick so we can tell you whats on too!

don't worry, we are all pretty new at this, so make yourself known and come along! :biggthump

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
Fenlander said:
Hi

Have sorted a venue for 12/13th in Thetford Forest (near Santon Downham). We can use tents and hammocks, have a camp fire and a toilet block is available! It will cost £2 per person for the whole weekend :lol: (hope that's not too expensive?) I will send the details to Richard for circulation to those interested!

Fantastic! :biggthump :You_Rock_

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Ho hum. Looks like I'll not be able to make this one, being reliant on public transport the earliest I can get into Thetford on the Sunday is quarter to one.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Snufkin, the trains going norwich to thetford are fine,
is it just getting to norwich being the problem? :?:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i have PM'd all those interested in the East anglia meet up,

fenlander just PM'd me about the grid reference.
i was correct about the wrong grid reference, so go with the road directions and you should be fine!
it's worth while you noting down the information for possible further meetups if you can't make it this time.

something i noted at the BCUK meet up last year was that after two days we still were trying to remember names, which is a pain, and some ideas to help this came up, it also helps with security if we know who's who.
so please could you do two things:

make a sign to display on tent/shelter/car so we know who's it is.

also a simple sticker or clip-on badge with the same, to wear.

to make it simple, the signs should read:

in bold your "real" name or "nick name" e.g "Richard"
and underneath your BCUK ID e.g. "RAPPLEBY2000"

it's more friendly and, beleive me i got really fed up with saying "RAPPLEBY2000" every time i spoke to someone.

i don't think anyone will mind if you still would rather remain anon, make one up if you want, it just makes life easier when meeting new people.

don't forget your £2 i'm not sure who to give it to yet but have it ready.

looking forward to meeting you all! :You_Rock_

Richard.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
Snufkin, the trains going norwich to thetford are fine,
is it just getting to norwich being the problem? :?:
It's just the rubbish sunday service, first train to leave North Walsham isn't til 10.47 :cry:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:shock: :?:

any way you could stay over at a friends or get a lift?

taxi? :yikes:

what are the buses like?

i used to use that train every morning going the other way, and i agree it's pretty rubbish, i had to get a lift to sherringham on sundays!

:?:

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
I'm not able to make it--- halfterm holiday already booked. But I see its the same wonderfull site I stayed on twenty something years ago with the scouts. we made a rope bridge across the river and I at least did a lot of swimming. We were right on the edge of the forest but as i recall there were deciduous trees in the camp site. I hope you all have a great time.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I really wish I could make this weekend (I come from Felixstowe).
If there are any other East Anglia meetups I would certainly be interested.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Grrr can't get a lift :cry: I'll have to meet you all at the next one.
I hope you all have a great time though!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
queeg500,

i just PM'd you the meet up info anyway for future use.

snufkin,

sorry you can't make it mate, i offer but not enough space in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE