East Anglia Group!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
The East Anglia Group meets about once every six weeks. Our meets may last just one day or a whole weekend. The meets are often just social gatherings, but workshops and joint meets with a local “green woodworking group” may take place. Locations vary, and anyone is encouraged to organise a meetup. They are a great opportunity to meet people, exchange knowledge, skills and compare/test kit.
So why not join us at the next one?

To see our archive thread with past meetups click here: ARCHIVE

Attachments

• Jem in camp.jpg
    Jem in camp.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 440

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
Fenlander said:
Thanks for the help with video footage. Having reviewed it now, most people seem to have got their faces in it somewhere, so either lots of editing to do or royalty payments to make

I'd prefer payment! :D

A really great time. Lots of 'interesting' cooking methods were covered, along with a mini Hangi oven, which worked a treat...except the potatos. There was some cordage making with various materials as well as the obigatory bowdrill sessions :rolleyes: The parachute was easily put up and served as a sleeping shelter for the first night, and even in the heaviest of showers, kept us dry(ish). Lots of other stuff as well.....
Thanks to all...great weekend...nuff said!
Lookin' forward to seeing the rest of the photos!

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
looks like you all had a good time sorry i didnt make it in time (got there about 1) - i'll clear my weekend next time forsure. the potato-eggs look like theyre worth a try!

well, catch up with some of you guys soon,

rob

R-J said:
looks like you all had a good time sorry i didnt make it in time (got there about 1) - i'll clear my weekend next time forsure. the potato-eggs look like theyre worth a try!

well, catch up with some of you guys soon,

rob

So was that you on the motorbike?? :confused: We tried to attract your attention as you drove off, but were obviously unsuccessful :( We didn't finish until 3:30.....sorry mate :eek:

This is a Sage& onion bannock, using stuffing mix added to the bannock mix ;)

Attachments

• Sage & onion bannock.jpg
    Sage & onion bannock.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 425

strollon

Mar 4, 2005
suffolk
Fenlander

thanks for a great week end. my intention was to put into practice what i had read and seen.but as you know i was not prepared enough. i'll have another go in the near future
thanks again Strollon

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
Fenlander said:
So was that you on the motorbike?? :confused: We tried to attract your attention as you drove off, but were obviously unsuccessful :( We didn't finish until 3:30.....sorry mate :eek:

LMAO, these things happen eh. yeh, it was me on the bike. "offroading" on a VFR, slightly nerve racking.

well, i'll make the next one for sure, looks like i missed out on a good weekend. i'll try and be there from the start, and find you guys next time... lol

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I just thought I’d put my two peneth in;

Thanks very much to Fenlander and Ranger bob my self, Angie and Baby Jack had a great day out at the meet on Saturday and Angie says she might consider doing it again if we give her more sage and onion bannock, choci bananas and pancakes ,

Here are some more photos of cooking

Omelette in a zip lock bag and egg in an onion

Before

0009.jpg

Middle

0010.jpg

After no egg in an onion it got eaten too quickly (v tasty)

IMG_5756.jpg

Coming to see you guys as strengthened my resolve that there should be something happening more local to me, a Chiltern group and meet perhaps but I’ve yet to have a look for a site and post on the subject. I really want to get to the October meet and stay the weekend but we will have to see if I can get a pass.

All the best James

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
jdlenton said:
...Coming to see you guys as strengthened my resolve that there should something happening more local to me, a Chiltern group and meet perhaps but I’ve yet to have a look for a site and post on the subject....

I'm up for helping in anyway I can! Just let me know what I can do.... :D

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
Biddlesby said:
You're remarkably unannoyed, considering that you came from Norwich!

meh, if you watched it in a film you'd laugh, and if you cant laught at sommit like that (soooo near, yet soooooo far) then youre taking things to seriously.

i was on my way back from huntingdon, so it was on the way anyhow and its all just an excuse for a ride out to be honest,. would have been nice to meet up with you's, just wasnt the right time (dam them fates!), but my time will come... be warned!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE