East Anglia Group! - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Alot of the land around Thetford forest is owned / managed by Elveden Estates, they don't want any fires, a couple of years back they were selling three houses in the middle of the forest on improving leases so went and had a look.

There's a campsite in Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk, don't know what it's like but we might get abducted by aliens or have to cope with lots of UFO spotters.

Unfortunately the wood I've been planting is still only chest high so that's not really suitable yet.

I lived on the scout camp at Norwich for a while during the second year of my degree. When I was there they had an airgun range and everything so if we go there I might bring one of my bows and a field archery target.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
they seem good for a laugh,
i have been of fthe net for a couple of weeks but i'm back with evengange!

tell us what you're up to and i'll tell you what i'm up to and hopefully we can have some fun.

cheers rich

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
happy new year guys, n gals :wave:

so when shall we meet up?

i have a new bush hat to try out!

shall we go for a thetford meetup for a walk in the woods that seems popular?

couple of weekends time?

looking forward to it! :wink:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
cool, i'm free till the lesiure industry starts up again, i'll probably do some more temp work but it shoulden't get in the way too much.

hope to see you guys soon! :wink:

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Looks like I'm not working on the 12 /13th of February so if anyone wabt to meet, either socially or to do something let me know.

Desperate Dan

Jan 18, 2005
Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk
Hello, joined this a little late, (my first post!) but i too hail from Bury St. Edmunds and am more than interested in an East Anglian
group. I shall keep an eye out here for any dates people can make. I'm new to the bushcraft side of things but no stranger to the outdoors. Plus Ranger Bob is teaching me everything he knows!

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
OK chaps, I reckon we've got enough interest to get something going! I was thinkin' maybe we could arrange a weekender or something around eastertime! What do you reckon?
R-Bowskill, I'm free on the 12th/13th of Feb and if you want to meet up, as you say, either socially or to do something then that would be great! Desperate Dan expressed an interest to me as well. Post something or PM me if you want to go ahead!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'd be up for a meet up 12/13 feb. Currently unemployed so I have time on my hands.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Grrr It's my nieces birthday on the 12th. That would put me in Norwich for the afternoon so I could make the Eaton Vale scout camp site pretty easily.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
looks like it's a date then!

12th and or 13th feb

put it in your diarys!

what do people have in mind that they want to do?

i tried to contact various campsites for camping the weekend just gone to intruduce a friend to winter camping (not that cold though :?: )including eaton vale scout camp and they all seemed to be closed..untill easter the wusses!(though they may just have not been in that day)

if snufkin can't make both days, could we exchange mobile numbers at least so we can text you to say where we are?

looking forward to the meet up!

hope to see you all soon! :You_Rock_

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Had a look on the website and Eaton Vale is available all year so it might be worth another call, or did they say no already?
If we can get in there I might be able to make the saturday night too.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
I havejust come back from the Ashdown meetup which was really good. So I'm really keen/interested but as its the beginnning of half term and I'm going away I won't be able to make it. Maybe next time.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
KIMBOKO,
this should be the first of many meetings!
we will hopefully meet you soon!

SNUFKIN,
do you have the eaton vale website address, i've looked all over but can't find it.

(ahh :roll: ) eaton vale has loads of trees, prehaps i could try out my hennassey :p ?

i think i have met one of the newer staff on an SPA course so hopefully we could be quids in for extras?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
so what shall we do when we meet up 12/13 feb?

if we all bring interesting kit, or ideas of techniques we want to try, hopefully between us there will be a mine of information.

we should be able to learn loads of stuff from each other.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'll bring my spoon knife and possibly a crook knife and adze (if I get round to finishing them) so if anyone wants to have a go at spoon carving. Only problem is I'm left handed so it won't be much good for you righthanders.
I'll try to scare up some pieces of green wood too, I have a couple of bits of holly at least.
And If anyone fancies it and there's space I'll bring a couple of atlatls and darts and everyone can have a go at throwing them. They are great fun to throw :eek:): .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE