E-Bay names

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
brucemacdonald said:
Thanks - if that is the word! :shock: Actually I have one of the rare charcoal grey ones coming from the U.S. :super:

Best wishes

Bruce

The bush-shirt I out bid you on was a greyish one more than a green one...is that what you meant? Or did you mean a grey ranger shirt?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
If it helps, my dad once outbid me on a boat from ebay :roll:

I was buying it for him and he saw it and liked it, completely unknown to me bud on it too and he's got more money than me... obviously, he got the boat anyway but it was all a little weird.

Of all the items for sale on ebay he ended up bidding on the same item as me. :eek:):

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
bambodoggy said:
Sorry, I stayed up late and nipped in at the last minute!

Don't stay up (unless you like the tension), use www.snip.pl, and kip while it snipes auctions for you :eek:):

I'm JimH1150 on Ebay, by the way. I imagine my buying interests fall into the default knives/rucksacks/old Swannies/mispec tat/anything made of ventile category for (aspiring) bushcrafters

Jim.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Cheers Jim...nice link. I've seen those before but worry I'd just end up buying everything!!!!

As it happened as I placed the winning bid for that shirt in the last few seconds just after I hit "confirm"...my laptop crashed!!!! I thought I'd blown it...when I got it up and running again 15 minutes later I foudn I'd won :eek:):

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
bambodoggy said:
The bush-shirt I out bid you on was a greyish one more than a green one...is that what you meant? Or did you mean a grey ranger shirt?

No this is a Bush Shirt - which I won for $31.52! A bit worn apparently (missing a button on the chest pocket and with the letters "F.H.F." on the back, mysteriously).

Best wishes

Bruce

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
always a bit weary of those snipe sites... since you've got to put in you username and pwd etc... what's to stop them using that for something else, making you bid on houses etc ?
hmm... sure it's all cool though, just worries me that

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Cool.... I guess FHF was the owner initials maybe....or a company name :?:

I'd only seen them in Green so it was odd when mine turned up sort of greyish...but it's quite nice :lol:

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Andy said:
Isn't this a bit unfair on the sellers?

after all what your doing is reducing what people may get for their goods

No. In "real" auctions, there is frequently a gentleman's agreement between dealers purchasing, this is much the same thing.

I've been watching a lot of leatherwork tools being sold recently, and I've noticed a few usernames I recognise from fora. Out of courtesy, if I desperately wanted the goods, I'd contact them first and let them know my interest at the very least.

Of course, people ought to remember that your purchase history can now be associated with you directly :shock: :naughty:

Espydiving - Espy on its own wasn't available...

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Giancarlo said:
always a bit weary of those snipe sites... since you've got to put in you username and pwd etc... what's to stop them using that for something else, making you bid on houses etc ?
hmm... sure it's all cool though, just worries me that

I am clearly not paranoid enuff and have no right to be working as a systems analyst on a secure database project :eek:): . The thought had honestly never occurred.

In fairness, though, I.ve been using snip for > 12 months without hilarious consequences...

Jim.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Right I now don't feel so bad about giving people on here my ebay ID a while ago

I trade mostly under the name england_wonder

rearange the letters and you get Andrew Longden

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Giancarlo said:
sounds good squids... although they might have a line in there to sends them your info when it connects?
this the kiddy? http://www.auction-sentry.com/
(what?? not FREE??? :) )

I'm paranoid me? i'm off to the shop to stock up on canned goods and then off to join a USA survival forum now..... eek! ;)

Other than product registration (which I performed before entering my ebay credentials) no information has been sent to the auction sentry dudes... well not according to my firewall anyway... you're not the only paranoid one!!!

Other than not being free (i'm a supporter of paying for nice little tools like this anyway) it's a fantastic little tool.

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
What's wrong with just sitting at the computer, hitting the "refresh" button repeatedly and watching the clock tick down? Automating the sniping process takes all the fun out of eBay, surely? :naughty:

Best wishes

Bruce

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE