Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Tragic loss. My thoughts are with all those who knew Drew dearly. I only met him once, but once was enough to be sure he was a good guy. Sad to hear this news :(. Condolences.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Such a tragedy :( Drew was a whirl wind of enthusiasm, had a big heart and loved his bushcraft with a vivacious passion and energy that if you could have bottled it it would have been Class A!
He will be sadly missed at bushcraft and scouting events by all..
Please pass my condolences on to his family at this time of shock and disbelief..
RIP Drew save me a space by your fire buddy x

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I first met Drew at the naughty corner, he was first over to introduce himself and all evening he was bugging mad Dave to sing the engineers song.

A few years ago I solo'd an additional verse that I've known for ages - Drew duly appeared at my side with note-pad and pen wanting me to repeat the words for him to learn.

Ogri the trog

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
He had me sing it at his birthday bash at Middlewood, i think it was the Thursday and he was gutted as there was only me that turned up at first (Carl Mentalnurse came but couldnt stay). Then other people started turning up, i left and he ended up standing on nail and going to A&E. Only the night before i dont know how many times i'd warned him of all the nails in the pallet wood. Typical Drew, gonna miss him.

Biker

Yes, I remember seeing Drew with the Chainsaw...

...And gulping.

Yup, me too. It was right beside where we'd been making the Butanese bows with Wayne earlier in the day. Drew was cutting up some logs for firewood under the watchful eye of MadDave. It was seeing that that I really did wonder whether Mad Dave's name was more of a description than a nickname. Drew with a chainsaw?! :yikes: I think I'd prefer inviting in Freddy Krueger as a babysitter! Have to say though, Drew paid close attention to what was being said and never once acted irresponsibly.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Maybe we could create a book of memories of drew.
My aunts work mates make a book of all her daft sayings at their work and it really helped to read them all x

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Ive just seen this thread:(
I too never knew Drew but this is sad sad news.
My sincere condolences to all.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Drews Funeral details are as follows

Wednesday 29th May, 12.30pm,

St Josephs Church,
11 Darlington Lane, Norton,
Stockton-on-Tees, TS20 1EW
And then afterwards at Norton Cricket Club
TS20 1PE

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
This is so sad. To lose anyone is awful. To lose one so young is even worse. As has been already said, no parent should ever have to bury their child.

I never met you Drew, but here and everywhere, I shall miss you.

RIP

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Its such an utter tragedy. A real kind hearted lad, he was the first to really make me feel welcome at our first Moot. Such a simple thing, but he did it with true heart. Like he lived his live, full of heart.

His flame burned very bright.

RIP drew you 'Ausome' dude.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
RIP Drew will miss your tales around the fire, will toast you with good whiskey from my hip flask the next time i am sat around the fire at middlewood and wish you gods speed and you will always have a place around our camp fire.

Im realy gutted,he used to ring me from time to time for a chat ,a member of our small blackberry bushcraft group,ive met him a few times on small camps, bonkers and funny and not a bad bone in his body.what a shame and a sad loss.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
me mentalnurse and Drew R..I.P. pal
image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE