Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Just came across this on the GMBG page and thought you might like a look

attachment.php

Dave

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It saddened me greatly to hear of Drew's passing, though we never met face to face, we have chatted a lot over this site and other means, his exuberance and thirst for knowledge always shone through, as did his need to fill that bell tent!

Rest in peace chap.

David.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I never met Drew but he did have a zest for life and liked to have a good laugh and get out and do some real bushcraft.
My condolences go to his family and many friends.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I can't quite believe I've come back to this sudden and tragic news. My fingers are kinda numb trying to type this. Just goes to show how he crept into all our lives in some way. I'm gonna miss our verbal sparring, I used to take the pi$$ out of him something rotten and he gave it back in spades and took it all with good grace. A genuinely lovely person and I'm really going to miss him. And that dumb hat.

Oh and Drew. You really were ausome.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I've just seen the thread about his funeral and although I'd never met the bloke, I feel sick to my stomach and more than a bit stunned.... Like many others, I enjoyed his posts and banter and the world's a slightly duller place with him gone.

Thoughts are with his friends and family.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've only just seen this thread and feel really saddened, I never knew Drew but often chuckled at some of his posts. It is heart warming to see the responses from members of this forum.

RIP Drew you will be missed by many.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I've been asked by Ike at Brockwell Woods to pass on his and Steph's condolences.

Also Penny and Nick of DD Hammocks who were saddened to hear of his passing. They remember Drew well from previous dealings over the years.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I met him at the first bushcraft meet at North Wood.

It's a real sad loss to die at such an early age.

Condolences to the family.

Rest in peace fella.

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
So sad to hear this news, I only had the chance to meet Drew the once at Bushmoot 2012. And He spoke about how important the Bushmoot was to him, and how many if not all of his friends were to be found there. He clearly felt more the person he wanted to be out in the woods with people with a similar mentality.

Without pretending that I knew him any better, I enjoyed the time I spent with him and am deeply saddened at the untimely passing of someone so young who played such a large part in this community.

Return to dust little brother.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Only just seen this after a while away from the forum - shared a couple of beers with him at the Moot a few years back, what a tragic loss of a lovely chap. I trust today's funeral did him justice.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I've not been on BCUK for a while and only just heard the sad new of Drew's passing. I've sat here read through all the posts with a lump in my throat.

I met Drew at a few meets over the years and as everyone's said he was a TOP fella, a little OTT at time but we wouldn't have Him any other way:eek:.
I'll raise a Tankard of ale to Drew, He'll be sadly missed :sadwavey:

Rest in Peace.

Rich

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I've only just seen this, my deepest sympathies.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE