Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
I am shocked.
I never met Drew, but always enjoyed his posts! It seems he was a real character.

Condolences to his family and close friends.

R.I.P Drew

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I remember Drews first post stating that he had respect for others and that he thought it the most important of human qualities. He would be absolutely chuffed to bits to realise the respect that he had actually earned for himself from the folk on here. I never met him but his enthusiasm and childlike innocence was clear for all to see, he even shared his first broken heart with us. He was clearly popular with all who met him and deserved the respect he earned.
Rest in peace.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Never met Drew but read his posts with interest.

Thoughts with all who new him.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
No matter what I've been doing since the weekend my thoughts keep drifting to Drew. Reading the comments on this thread bring a lump to my throat . Then Dave , you go and post that video and the tears are now running , superb video.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I also never met Drew, but I've been on here an awful long time so regard Drew, and so many more of you, to be a mate who I just hadn't met.
The news of his death has quite shocked me, so much it's taken me some time to make this post. Every time I even think of doing something bushcraft related my thoughts just go right to Drew.
I will miss him.

Rest in peace mate.

Dave

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Never met him, had a feeling he was young from his posts, but seeing photos he had alot more to go. A really big shame. Nice to see he connected with a lot of folks on here and touched them.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It is not only folk on here that Drew touched.
I have been asked to pass on the condolences and thoughts of the members of another forum of which Drew was an enthusiastic member (could he have been any other kind?) to all Drew's family and friends.
Drew made an impression on Ludlow Survivors Group, even though he was not a member there for al that long, and Mods and members there are sending in their messages thick and fast and would like to share their thoughts with all those who have been touched by Drew's untimely passing.

I know that there are a few members here who are members there as well and are aware of this but the Boss (S1) has asked me to pass this on to those who may not have seen the Ludlow thread.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Just read this and whilst like many I never met Drew we did chat about Scouting.

Rest in Peace [Gone Home]

images

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Incredibly sad and shocking news, I met Drew at my first Bushmoot and we left as friends despite a slight altercation we had one morning :-/
He was a daft lad at times but was a good and gentle soul at heart..and I will miss his bushy antics.
Rest in Peace young man..I hope you are in a better place now doing everything that you love.
We will meet you again one day in the green fields and wild forests of the after life and sit by a fire and tell stories and drink and sing merry songs.

Condolences to his family on the tragic occasion..my thoughts are with you...I will raise a toast to Drew on the 29th.. :-(

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Really sad to hear of such tragedy. I never met Drew, but he was one of the light houses on this forum, shaping the form of it and constantly coming up with craziest of ideas. Shame to loose such a great guy. R.I.P. Drew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE