Drew Dunn Respect's memorial tree planting.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I need some help with this to get it mounted. The plaque is heavy brass and is 9" wide by 5" tall. I have some oak planking, but no way of machining/routing it in time. I was thinking glue and screw to a wooden backboard, then a way of securing it to the ground so it can't just be lifted.
We discussed having this done in marble or granite, but the cost was prohibitive for me at the time and besides, a big chunk of stone might get appropriated by one of the larpers as a prop.
So, can anyone oblige with some wood and a stake on which to mount it?

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Most of this was discussed on Facebook, so for those on BCUK who don't know, Drew's Brother Steven and sister Stacey are coming down to the moot so they can share the atmosphere that Drew raved about every year, and to meet the mates who couldn't make it to his funeral.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Oh my goodness, I didn't even know that this had happened. God bless your soul Drew, the World is poorer and Heaven richer, you will be missed.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Can I ask which Saturday this will be- I won't be at the moot (maybe next year??) but I would like to stop a minute and raise a glass if I can?

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Can I ask which Saturday this will be- I won't be at the moot (maybe next year??) but I would like to stop a minute and raise a glass if I can?

Saturday the 10th August. Don't know what time yet, but it'll be a loosley organised event, with the emphasis on celebrating a young life rememberd. There will be the tree planting, people can say stuff that they want and share memories of Drew, the unveiling of the plaque then drinkypoos, and a few more drinkypoos, maybe a few nibbles then just sit round the campfire with Drew's family and share the love.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Thought so. I'm driving back from Orkney on the Friday with an overnight stop in Inverness to see friends, and then a family lunch/ BBQ on the Sat in Nairn and a drive home to another BBQ at night at a friends! I will light a few candles in the garden Saturday night, sip a single malt and stare upwards a while....

Cheers

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
What!! Drew is not with us anymore. My respects to his family. He will be missed.
I will happily chip in as well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE