Drew Dunn Respect's memorial tree planting.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Have chipped in.

I assume this'll be in the evening if a drink is involved? Also I assume the service will include his favourite campfire song? Best warn the family...

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Cheers mate. Got it.
Make no assumptions. We'll all have a chat down there and decide how we want to play it. Then we'll do what needs to be done to make it happen. As for warning his family, I don't think so.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Maddave, Eric, I have made a temporary post and back board for Drews plaque. If it's acceptable I'll bring it with me on Monday.
Atb
Colin.

001.jpg 002.jpg

Oh yes, it's 1 mtr tall.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Looks good to me, but where's he going to hang his hat? Otherwise he'll only loose it...

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Maddave, Eric, I have made a temporary post and back board for Drews plaque. If it's acceptable I'll bring it with me on Monday.
Atb
Colin.

View attachment 20926 View attachment 20927

Oh yes, it's 1 mtr tall.

Yes, that looks great, and if by chance we are unable to get a concrete plinth made on site, this'll do until we can make it vandal proof. We can concrete it in about half way down.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....i never met the guy but regularly read his humorous posts and understand what bcuk and bushcraft meant to him so i'll chip in as well....pm incoming....regards

s

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Must be shocking news to you folks who didn't know about Drew's passing. There was a thread paying our respects to him and a very moving video MadDave made and posted on youtube.

Sorry you had to find out this way but that's the way life is sometimes. Cruel :(

Have you got a link to the you tube vid

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I've had an email from Philip (Drews Dad). They will be scattering Drews ashes in the sea at Merthyr on Saturday too. It was what he wished and he told his dad when he had his operation the year before his death, so we'll have a chat about that too. Perhaps a drive around to Ogmore early Saturday eve or something.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maybe a walk down the sands before dark ? check the tide tables, could make some floating candles to go out with the tide too ?

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE