Dont batton with your knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Just my thoughts..quite heavy to handle as well for any length of time.

Nope suites me down to the ground and very easy to use for all camp duties be it shelter making down to spoon carving I love it .certainly lighter than an axe that I've owned hated and got rid of .
Not dangling all over the place hitting your knee etc or in and out of your pack like a tramp in bins .

Last edited:

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Anyway I thought the discussion was not to use your knife for battoning .
I don't I use my wildland built just for that purpose and many others as it's a very cleverly designed tool .

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I just reprofiled the edge on my ESEE RC6 to better-handle the finer work (such as spoon carving). Reground the edge to 30 degrees (15 each side) from 50 degrees (25 each side). Still batons nicely, but now has more control for the delicate work.

Considering this was all started by a comedy youtube vid of hitler diatribing about battoning its definitely lasted a long while and had its ups and downs....

baton. Dont baton each t their own :)

I batonned my new M.O.R.A today....only to practice for a course where there's not the option of takin an axe.
I think it made a nom nom nom noise as it went throughthe seasoned Hazel wood

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE