Dealing with Rings

Chris

Life Member
Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Who can afford to get married these days?

My wife and I got married in 2021 (we had to do it then for visa reasons) and it cost about £50. No guests allowed by law, which was a great excuse for just us and two others as witnesses!

So my recommendation is just to wait for a global pandemic.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
A registry office wedding cost between £50 and £500 depending on where and when. It's a legal process not necessarily a religious one.
Yup, that's why the wife and I got married in the registry office on a Friday as it was a lot cheaper than having the wedding on the Saturday.

We then went down to a local pub for the reception. In total our wedding cost £1500 including the honeymoon.

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
If you don’t want to melt the rings and reset the stones, could you consider having them linked into a necklace (plus chain)?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yup, that's why the wife and I got married in the registry office on a Friday as it was a lot cheaper than having the wedding on the Saturday.

We then went down to a local pub for the reception. In total our wedding cost £1500 including the honeymoon.

Friends of ours decided to repeat their honeymoon holiday for their 40th and go to the Seychelles; I asked Sue if she wanted to do the same, but she said she didn't fancy camping in Beddgelert for our anniversary :)

• Haha
Reactions: Mesquite

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE