Dog killed a pregnant pheasant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Whos a pretty boy
ypudasu8.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Very handsome chap.

Kong

Forager
Aug 2, 2013
Somerset
You REALLY need to figure out what a discussion forum is for then, don't you? If you don't want people to comment on your posts, don't post.

In that case why not offer us some of you're know how in stead of picking holes in how some one writes

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
In that case why not offer us some of you're know how in stead of picking holes in how some one writes

I did'nt pick holes in it, I replied to what it said, which seemed to make no sense. Even with the edit I don't believe you are correct. Dogs are not robots, you cannot "program" them by training and expect that they will ALWAYS do what you tell them to do. They are animals and instinct will always come to the fore in certain situations. I have seen some of the best trained and experienced working dogs in the world fail to obey handler's commands in the heat of the moment.

Kong

Forager
Aug 2, 2013
Somerset
I did'nt pick holes in it, I replied to what it said, which seemed to make no sense. Even with the edit I don't believe you are correct. Dogs are not robots, you cannot "program" them by training and expect that they will ALWAYS do what you tell them to do. They are animals and instinct will always come to the fore in certain situations. I have seen some of the best trained and experienced working dogs in the world fail to obey handler's commands in the heat of the moment.

What dog do you have and do you work it?

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk

I wish that more people understood this.

Some people are lucky and have a dog that is easy to train and believe that everyone who's dog doesn't do everything they ask is a bad owner.

If a dog completes a command 80% of the time I would say they are well trained.

I work very closely with guide dogs. My mother in law has one and I volunteer walk a few for friends.
They take a mix of labs and retrievers because they are the most trainable dog. They put them in to puppy school for 9months, they spend another 9 months in guide dog training which is Monday to Friday 9-5.
Then they get two week training with their new owner and another 3 months weekly training.

These dogs have cost £50k by the time they start work and they still mess up all the time walking people in to the road, going off course to sniff walls and stopping to eat food on the floor. They are after all dogs.

They have personalities and if they didn't then we probably wouldn't enjoy keeping them as pets.

Kong

Forager
Aug 2, 2013
Somerset
I wish that more people understood this.

Some people are lucky and have a dog that is easy to train and believe that everyone who's dog doesn't do everything they ask is a bad owner.

If a dog completes a command 80% of the time I would say they are well trained.

I work very closely with guide dogs. My mother in law has one and I volunteer walk a few for friends.
They take a mix of labs and retrievers because they are the most trainable dog. They put them in to puppy school for 9months, they spend another 9 months in guide dog training which is Monday to Friday 9-5.
Then they get two week training with their new owner and another 3 months weekly training.

These dogs have cost £50k by the time they start work and they still mess up all the time walking people in to the road, going off course to sniff walls and stopping to eat food on the floor. They are after all dogs.

They have personalities and if they didn't then we probably wouldn't enjoy keeping them as pets.

So what dog do you have? Do you live with it 24 7 is it part of your livehood? Does it look up 2 you and know its place? Or do you not have a dog and are dig ing a hole

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
So what dog do you have? Do you live with it 24 7 is it part of your livehood? Does it look up 2 you and know its place? Or do you not have a dog and are dig ing a hole

According to post #16 he has an Airedale terrier.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk

An Airedale and a whippet x bedlington.

If my Airedale is about to put his head in the bin and I click my fingers he will turn around and get on his bed. When I point to the floor he lays down. If I tell him to 'find kieffer, wait' he goes and sits next to my sons bed.
Try teaching that to your lurcher.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE