do you have any

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
kit that if u lost or was taken away from u, u would be heart broken about?

in other words do you have any kit that has sentimental value more than what it is worth in monetary terms

i bet no one can guess what mine is?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

Your hat :rolleyes:
5284f981-52ef-4f90.jpg

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
One, that I was just given yesterday. It's a Scout staff.

My old Scout Leader gave me it yesterday, he was given it by his Scout Master.

My S.L. has had a couple of strokes over the past few years so isn't anywhere near as mobile as he'd like.
He gave it to me saying it deserves to back in use in Scouting, not propped in a corner.
He also took time shaving the bark off the top few inchs and traceing on the outline of a wolfs head (not easy with one good working hand) It's now "Akela's Staff".

It's "value" is off the scale. It was one of his most personal possesions, given by a man he had tremendous respect for and carried through many of his most memorable times.
Now it's mine to carry and put to use.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
One, that I was just given yesterday. It's a Scout staff.

My old Scout Leader gave me it yesterday, he was given it by his Scout Master.

My S.L. has had a couple of strokes over the past few years so isn't anywhere near as mobile as he'd like.
He gave it to me saying it deserves to back in use in Scouting, not propped in a corner.
He also took time shaving the bark off the top few inchs and traceing on the outline of a wolfs head (not easy with one good working hand) It's now "Akela's Staff".

It's "value" is off the scale. It was one of his most personal possesions, given by a man he had tremendous respect for and carried through many of his most memorable times.
Now it's mine to carry and put to use.

wow thats defos worth keeping

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My grandfather's WW2 canvas bivi/bedroll - needs some attention but hoping to use it myself soon. Already carry around a gas mask bag of his as a convenient satchel

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
-3 shotguns; one was my Grandfather's, one was Daddy's, and the 3rd was Mama's.
-The single shot 22 rifle daddy gave me when I was 8.
-My 1st saddle (a kid's saddle I got with my 1st horse when I was 6) But obviously it doesn't fit so it isn't used any more.
-Daddy's machetes and dog whistle.
-a SAK I've carried since Desert Shield/Desert Storm.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
My leatherman, Wifely gave it to me when I left for Iraq the first time, I don't think I have ever spent a day with out looking at it and smiling before I put it on my belt, I did get issued a Gerber on the third time out, but the leather man kicked it off my belt into a longdrop! think it has issues:D (I did not retrieve the Gerber if you want it, I can show you exactly where its buried)

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
My Rob Evans knife, I've just got this and its already my best item. I have wanted a good Bushy and am very happy with what I have. I will still collect knives & in the future may invest in a more expensive blade but this will alos be from R.J.Evans.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
kit that if u lost or was taken away from u, u would be heart broken about?

in other words do you have any kit that has sentimental value more than what it is worth in monetary terms

All of it.!..... It's worthless money wise, a lot of old used gear, but I use it all & I am emotionally attached to it.& in that respect, it's irreplaceable.....it also symbolises my personal liberty & that's priceless.

As for yours, I'll wager a leather bush hat ;)

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
2 items:

1. Alpkit Hunka bivvy-bag. First honest piece of kit I acquired that wasn't surplus. £30. And it's never let me down, or had any condensation build-up.
2. Evernew DX stand. My introduction to really clever ultralight, multi fuel stoves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE