Do you always wear your hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ij rowley

Nov 21, 2010
manchester
Hi All
Just a quick post .
I am passionate about my Akubra Sombrero hat , I have bashed it about to get that worn look out of it and I wear it whenever I get the chance . Do you have a favourite item wether its a hat or something else , do you own a sombrero similar to the Bushtuckerman , and do you wear it , any pics would be great . Thanks Ian

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I do not normally wear a hat if I'm walking as I get very hot, I do put one on if I stop for a brew if wind chill is a factor.

I have a Drisbone hat I wear if working in the garden and its sunny (so not often :) )

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have an akubra stockman, but i'm crap at posting photo's ,so no pics i'm afraid, but i do find mine very warm, perhaps to warm. Whats the sombrero like ?

Rob

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
If the weather's bad/wet/cold I wear my Jahti huntinghat.
The hat you can see in my avatar :)
Otherwise I wear a beanie or a cap.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I wear my Akubra loads. Except when it's hanging up...

20-31Oct2010NorthwoodMeet109.jpg

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
I did have a lovely Stetson until the mrs decided it needed a wash and chucked it in the machine :(

Still waiting on her buying me a replacement

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
When I was in Oz I always wore a hat, skin cancer is a killer. Started with baseball cap, then went to a boonie hat, then was given a 3rd hand akubra something, I absolutely loved the akubra, its just a shame its worn out now, got a big hole in the crown.

Now I just wear either a beanie when its cold or a boonie when its hot. Will get round to getting another akubra at some point.

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
never without a wooly hat on in winter, and sun shader in summer , as hair has taken a permanent vacation . lol

nenook

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I don't tend to bother with a hat that much unless it's really cold and I stick a merino beanie on. A long day paddling in rain in the canoe sometimes warrants a hat for me too.

I tried the leather hat but it wasn't for me

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
woolly hat in the winter then from spring onwards my tilley hat wouldnt be without it regards dave

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
beanie or cheap jeep wooly hat in the cold and in summer when i remember to i tend to wear a buff as a bandana. Sometimes i wear my white rock hat but it tends to look silly as its folded up alot in my pack and never straightens out properly when i put it on

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I always wear a hat of some sort but usually it's a Buff.

Tonight, out in the pi**ing rain it was an Outdoor Research "Seattle Sombrero", which is a rain hat and it is the best waterproof headgear I've owned.

100000091317_lg.jpg

I also have a nice Drizabone suede hat and a few other hats. I'd wear them more but where I live I'd get to much attention from the local chavs.

Sabot

Tenderfoot
I am rarely without the waxed cotton hat (the one in my avatar) that my dad brought me from Oz last year. Even if I don't have it for whatever reason, I always wear a hat outdoors whether it be a boonie hat or a simple cap, unless it's special occasion.

Last edited:

baz p

Nov 16, 2010
manchester
hahaha...................i could write a list of all hats that i have but i would be on all night, i will keep it simple. i love hats and have to many, when out i usualy have 3 + hats with me in the bush, dont know why, i never use them all

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i have a bushtucker man sombrero , but i only wear it in the canoe when its warm and sunny ! i love it .

Picture2018.jpg

Grayfox

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
North West Lancashire
I worked my way through several Akubras, brilliant when fly fishing but a bit of a pain in high winds. I loathe baseball caps but now being somewhat follically challenged I do wear hats more in winter. They are of two types. The furry flying type hats with ear flaps, or a bog standard tweed type cap. Or very often, as I nearly always have my shemagh with me, I just roll it into a cap as in my avatar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE