Disgusting!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monny

Nov 30, 2008
N.Lanarkshire
It costs thousands of pounds to lock scum bags like these up!

The Social parasites will be no good to society when they get out anyway!!

Solution - £6 per hour for someone to Dig a hole... a few pence for a couple of bullets... and a raffle to see who gets to pull the trigger

Employment opportunities have been created.... less prison over crowding... and your saving the planet .... you've minus two lifetimes worth of carbon footprint on this already over crowded planet... happy days

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
You're every bit as bad as them. Possibly worse, since you're fantasizing about inflicting pointless suffering on people, and you presumably have a fully developed prefrontal cortex, which these bams won't have for another few years. (Unless you have some kind of brain injury or other organic disorder affecting the prefrontal cortex, in which case I apologise and can only offer my sympathies.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the prefrontal cortices of these guys. They are unlikely to posses any by the time they have been savaged, beaten, trampled, gored, abused by criminals, shot and hung. On the plus side, if we are lucky we may still have some body parts to put on display - the state of these is probably less critical.

Seriously, I don't think anyone is saying that these sick people shouldn't be dealt with. The difference is over the motivation behind what is done and the objective of what is done. Are we looking for some form of retribution to satisfy outrage over a horrific act or are we putting aside anger and looking for the best solution to the problem?

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston

Solution - £6 per hour for someone to Dig a hole... a few pence for a couple of bullets... and a raffle to see who gets to pull the trigger

Employment opportunities have been created.... less prison over crowding... and your saving the planet .... you've minus two lifetimes worth of carbon footprint on this already over crowded planet... happy days

You're right prison is expensive.

Instead They could go and work on a care farm it costs around £30/day, creates jobs, it could work on our carbon footprint if they planted trees, they would learn a trade, they could learn about respect for animals, there would be less prison overcrowding, it would ease the burden of the NHS and Criminal Justice services, struggling farmers could get some help and you'd get more bang for your taxpayers buck... happy days. :)

there may even be a bushcraft school out ther that would take these kind of guys in a similar way. :cool:

I like to think of constructive solutions rather destructive ones...

Monny

Nov 30, 2008
N.Lanarkshire
Your right locum76.... I'll agree, That is probably a better way forward.... I was just putting that out there to see what kind of feedback It'd get

Monny

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Your right locum76.... I'll agree, That is probably a better way forward.... I was just putting that out there to see what kind of feedback It'd get

Monny

do_not_feed_the_trolls_card-p137475352086976007tra8_210.jpg

East Coaster

Forager
Oct 21, 2008
Fife/Scotland
You're right prison is expensive.

Instead They could go and work on a care farm it costs around £30/day, creates jobs, it could work on our carbon footprint if they planted trees, they would learn a trade, they could learn about respect for animals, there would be less prison overcrowding, it would ease the burden of the NHS and Criminal Justice services, struggling farmers could get some help and you'd get more bang for your taxpayers buck... happy days. :)

there may even be a bushcraft school out ther that would take these kind of guys in a similar way. :cool:

I like to think of constructive solutions rather destructive ones...

Given that people do make mistakes and should be given an opportunity to redeem themselves, I completely agree with this.
But what if they'd already been down this route before. What if they've got 'form'. How many opportunities should people be given before we say ,,,enough!
That seems to be the main problem. Criminals keep getting chance after chance after chance to see the error of their ways, and innocent people suffer for it.
Most of us know that treating them violently will do no good whatsoever and in fact make them worse. Personally the mere idea of being locked up scares the sh%t out of me and I have no problem contributing tax to support a prison system.
Either we need to build more prisons to house these social retards or introduce a "three strikes and it's a frontal lobotomy for you pal" system. But then there's the old "miscarriage of justice problem":banghead:

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I guess there may be some that can't be helped. maybe that's what big brother was created for! :bluThinki

I'm going to bow out of this thread now. I have enjoyed the discussion. :)

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I think it's a little early to write off the idea of rehabilitation - we haven't even really tried it properly yet. We've been trying the punitive approach for, what, 10 thousand years or more? And it clearly isn't working... One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results. How about we try something different?

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
If'n you get the chance to watch the repeats of Brat-camp, you'd be surprised what can be achieved with relentless consistency and hard physical labour. Split the kids from their peer groups, stick them in the wilds of Utah and wear them down until they are ‘open’ ‘receptive’ + knackered, and then rebuild their self-esteem. Do the same with their parents and you could empty half of the drug rehab centres? (Ok I’ll admit that of the three series 3 of the kids went back to their old ways within a year. But 15 didn’t. That is what I would call a success.)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You know,
I was re-reading some of my replies / posts on here and got to thinking maybe I've gotten old, staid and set in my ways. Then a "pal" sent me this:-

"HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND THINKING, SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD?

WELL...YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE.

MY NAME IS ALICE SMITH AND I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST.
I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME.

SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SOME 30-ODD YEARS AGO.

COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN? UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT.

THIS BALDING, GREY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE. AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL .

'YES. YES, I DID. I'M A MUSTANG,' HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.

'WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?' I ASKED.

HE ANSWERED, 'IN 1975. WHY DO YOU ASK?'

'YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!', I EXCLAIMED..

HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY.

THEN, THAT
UGLY,
OLD,

BALD,

WRINKLED,

FAT bottom,

GREY-HAIRED,

DECREPIT,
SON-OF-A-BITCH ASKED ME :

'WHAT DID YOU TEACH?"

It made me think some more about getting old, and then I remembered that I've had these views since about before the onset of puberty. So maybe it's just that I grew up... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Goatboy.:D

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
As I mentioned earlier in this thread cruelty to baby deer is unusual (that's because these type of people are rarely in locations where they can find them) but cruelty in general is quite commonplace.

How about this recent article for example. "Teenager 'beat toddler to death'"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8112980.stm

I'm all for reforming people, I even worked on a "care farm" for a year (which is a bit similar to a "brat camp") but I had to ask myself if the people being reformed would have gone so far downhill if they'd have had proper discipline and love. I don't believe we should be overly violent or reactionary but just and fair corporeal punishment would be very appropriate for many offenders. There are some people who won't listen to anything else.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As I mentioned earlier in this thread cruelty to baby deer is unusual (that's because these type of people are rarely in locations where they can find them) but cruelty in general is quite commonplace.

How about this recent article for example. "Teenager 'beat toddler to death'"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8112980.stm

I'm all for reforming people, I even worked on a "care farm" for a year (which is a bit similar to a "brat camp") but I had to ask myself if the people being reformed would have gone so far downhill if they'd have had proper discipline and love. I don't believe we should be overly violent or reactionary but just and fair corporeal punishment would be very appropriate for many offenders. There are some people who won't listen to anything else.

You know Rebel I had a flash reaction to your post. Mainly to the word discipline. Most folk see it in the negative, as a thing done to bad people, of a punishment. Maybe ''cause I'm older or have had martial arts / firearms training I see the word as positive, where you are trained to wards something. My old sensi would discipline me / train me to wards a point, not punish me for not achieving it. Semantics are a wicked path. Look at the "doctrine" of "bushcraft". it used to be called "survival ism" and as such we were tarred with the brush of camo clad paranoid nutters. Change the name / perspective and all of a sudden we are the holy holders of the Mears flame. ( Unlike "bear" who puts us back 20 years).
Discipline and moral judgement are what our planet needs or our young... heck I'm only 40, need.
But also punishment/ retribution and corrective action.
Goatboy.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Thanks for pointing that out about the word discipline. It is true. It was only by following a more disciplined lifestyle myself and by allowing myself to receive correction from others that I started to grow mentally and spiritually in a positive way.

I hope (and believe) I've instilled into my kids that discipline is a force for positive enlightenment and growth and not for "beating the hell out of you" or "getting you to do things my way". Learning that discipline is a useful force in our lives helps us to discipline ourselves and when we do that we are less likely to give in to negative forces and more likely to live structured and fulfilling lives. (We are working on our foster daughter. :rolleyes:) Kids who are used to being yelled at and beaten without any purpose that they can understand and/or in a haphazard way do look at discipline in a negative way and have difficulty receiving it.

303Brit

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2007
germany
It seems that we all have differnt ideas of justice for these three.
May i offer the suggestion of one gets therapy,outwardbound courses,cuddly toys etc. .The other gets dealt with and sentenced as according to UK law,and the third gets the "blunt rusty knife" treatment.
That way all partys are happy?....... seems fair to me.

A fawn today,a child tomorrow,a pensioner the day after,i am all for making an example of these three.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
I hope (and believe) I've instilled into my kids that discipline is a force for positive enlightenment and growth and not for "beating the hell out of you" or "getting you to do things my way". Learning that discipline is a useful force in our lives helps us to discipline ourselves and when we do that we are less likely to give in to negative forces and more likely to live structured and fulfilling lives. (We are working on our foster daughter. :rolleyes:) Kids who are used to being yelled at and beaten without any purpose that they can understand and/or in a haphazard way do look at discipline in a negative way and have difficulty receiving it.

i agree totally with this. there can be such a thing as too much shouting etc, i've found over the last ten years with my 3 kids that me and my partner only use smacking as a last resort when the kids has been particularly bad. usually the punishment is a minute for every year of their life up against the wall or their privileges get taken away tv, toys etc.
when they do something good thet get praised for it.
i've always brought my kids up to say please and thankyou and although the two eldest still try it on they are well behaved..............more or less lol

on the subject of violence being a bad thing i would have to say it is a grey area for me.
my eldest had a problem at his last school with a particularly nasty little s**t going around beating up the other kids, spitting at teachers etc.
this child had no discipline or direction from his criminal parents and he ran riot. he was well on the way to being the next 'violent hoodie' in the area.
after my boy came home crying that he had been hit and pushed over i told him 'right next time he comes up and hits you for no reason i want you to hurt him back'
so he goes to school and smacks the other kid in the face when the kid walked past him and punched him!
incredibly my kid got into trouble because wait for it............. he retaliated!!!!!
i ended up having an argument with his teacher because apparently its wrong to hit others after they have hit you lol
so his school was teaching kids they can hit someone without fear of getting into trouble.
funnily enough my eldest never got anymore hassle off that kid because the kid knew he would hit him back.
i teach all my kids never to start fights because number one its wrong, and number two if they go around hitting people they can expect to get hit back..... simple.

fear is a wonderful thing to use in the right context.
the two things i was fearful of when i was younger was letting my parents down, and getting into trouble with the police. i hope that i am instilling these same values with my kids.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Monny! £6 per hour for someone to dig a hole?!?!?!? They can dig their own blinking hole for free surely? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

GB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE